Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Virtual Clubs Unable to access list of tournaments

#1 User is offline   lmac 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-June-10, 07:30

For some unknown reason, I can no longer get a list of the tournaments being displayed in the Virtual Club area. Whereas before, I saw many clubs available, now only one game from one club is showing. Anyone know how to fix this? BBO support is swamped and I truly want to start playing again. Thanks

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-June-10, 08:17

ACBL made us filter the "ACBL Clubs" list so it only shows the clubs where you've played in live games in the past year.

You can find all clubs in the "All Clubs" list. Use the "Search" field to narrow it down to the club you're interested in.

#3 User is offline   lmac 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-June-11, 03:13

View Postbarmar, on 2020-June-10, 08:17, said:

ACBL made us filter the "ACBL Clubs" list so it only shows the clubs where you've played in live games in the past year.

You can find all clubs in the "All Clubs" list. Use the "Search" field to narrow it down to the club you're interested in.

Where is the "All Clubs" list? I see a search in Virtual Clubs but no specific "All Clubs." Thank you so much for helping!

#4 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-June-12, 08:57

View Postlmac, on 2020-June-11, 03:13, said:

Where is the "All Clubs" list? I see a search in Virtual Clubs but no specific "All Clubs." Thank you so much for helping!

When you're in Virtual Clubs, you should see the following choices:

ACBL - North America
FFB - France
IBF - Israel
TBF - Turkey
EBU - England
ABF - Australia
Other clubs - other countries
All clubs

All clubs is the last choice.

#5 User is offline   McBruce 

• NOS (usually)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2020-June-29, 04:33

As I understand it, this was done because the ACBL Virtual Club program is meant for local players to be able to get together and add some revenue for local clubs, especially full time clubs that have rent obligations to meet. Some points seekers had been shopping the list of games and looking for large ones about to start and asking to be allowed to participate, or offering to sub, even if they had never played there nor lived anywhere nearby. For games where players from different areas wish to play together, there are the daily Support Your Club games. The way to find a local club to join for their Virtual games is to check the ACBL club directory for your area and find a local contact. They will put you in touch with the local director who will get you added to the club’s list of players. At first this will be by simply friending you, which will mean that you can play in their games but will still need to find them in the ‘all games’ list — but eventually the club director should send your name to the ACBL person handling the new lists and once you are added to the club’s include list, you will see the games for your club or clubs in the ACBL list (and no others). You are allowed to be a member of more than one club.
ACBL TD--got my start in 2002 directing games at BBO!
Please come back to the live game; I directed enough online during COVID for several lifetimes.
Bruce McIntyre, Yamaha WX5 Roland AE-10G AKAI EWI SOLO virtuoso-in-training

#6 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-June-29, 15:18

View Postbarmar, on 2020-June-12, 08:57, said:

When you're in Virtual Clubs, you should see the following choices:

ACBL - North America
FFB - France
IBF - Israel
TBF - Turkey
EBU - England
ABF - Australia
Other clubs - other countries

What is the status of the "other clubs - other countries" ?
I see mainly Irish and a few German.
Have these countries signed some (lesser) kind of agreement with BBO compared to England, France, etc?
Can a club from a country that has signed no agreement (Italy, for instance) become a virtual club?

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users