BBO Discussion Forums: How to watch Reisinger BAM Vugraphs? - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How to watch Reisinger BAM Vugraphs? What's the best way to follow the Reisinger BAM matches on BBO?

#1 User is offline   EddyHaskel 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2019-December-08, 10:55

Is there a reasonable way to follow the Reisinger Board-A-Match competition on BBO?
It is really hard for me to tell what's going on, at least compared with other types of matches, what with new "rooms" popping up then closing after every board and no way to follow the overall scoring (that I could figure out).
Does the same vugraph operator follow a particular pair throughout a given session?
If that's the case, and if the operators were not "invisible" we could follow that operator from board to board.
That way, at least, we could more easily follow the progress of one pair through a whole session.

At any rate, I am open to suggestions from more seasoned BAM followers about how to make more sense of the tournament as it is being played.
Many thanks for your ideas,
Eddy

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2019-December-09, 20:57

Unfortunately, the current Vugraph software is not well suited to BAM events.

The operator is generally stationary at a table, and the pairs move around. I don't know how Jan is organizing it these days, but in the past she would only have 1 or 2 matches on Vugraph at a time, typically involving the teams that are in contention to win. There's no easy way to follow a particular team.

The tables have to be closed and reopened after each round to reset the scores to 0.

#3 User is offline   EddyHaskel 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2019-December-10, 12:26

View Postbarmar, on 2019-December-09, 20:57, said:

Unfortunately, the current Vugraph software is not well suited to BAM events.

The operator is generally stationary at a table, and the pairs move around. I don't know how Jan is organizing it these days, but in the past she would only have 1 or 2 matches on Vugraph at a time, typically involving the teams that are in contention to win. There's no easy way to follow a particular team.

The tables have to be closed and reopened after each round to reset the scores to 0.

Thank you for the reply.

I understand that BAM events are challenging to present on vugraph (and almost dizzying to try to watch! LOL).
I wonder if there's a way to assign commenters to follow a particular pair during a session, and maybe post that list somewhere we can find it.
That way, we viewers could follow that commenter, and perhaps get a clearer picture of what's going on as it's happening.
We all have our favorite teams to follow and some of us have favorite commenters to follow, as well, and this would help a little bit in guiding viewers which tables to watch.
At any rate, it would be better than bouncing almost randomly among the various tables as they open and close throughout a session.
Also, it would be helpful if the commenters could discuss (what they know of) the leaderboard as it changes throughout a session.

This is probably an ACBL issue, but it sure would be nice if they could post results in a more timely fashion.

Again, thanks for your timely reply -- and to your prompt replies to almost all the BBF queries I have seen.
It's good to know you are watching and answering stuff, even in the out of the way infrequently parts of the forum like this one.
Cheers.
Eddy

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users