BBO Discussion Forums: Upcoming changes to ACBL Alert Regulations - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Upcoming changes to ACBL Alert Regulations Board Meeting in New Orleans

#1 User is offline   peachy 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2010-July-28, 15:13

This was in the New Orleans Motions before the Board Meeting (the meeting already took place but I have no idea if this was on the Agenda there or not, and what was decided).

"Item 102-30: Preempt Pre-Alert Elimination
Deferred from the Reno, NV Spring 2010 NABC
Eliminate the requirement to pre-alert short (5-card weak 2’s and 6-card 3-level preempts) and undisciplined (less than Q high) pre-empts. Replace the pre-alert with an alert upon occurrence.
Note: Referred to the Competitions and Conventions Committee to be considered as part of upcoming modifications to the alert procedure.
Deferred to the Summer 2010 NABC"

This one proposed modification was identified, but does anyone know what the rest of the upcoming changes might include; the text is implying there are more to come. I know, I know, I could contact the ACBL C&CC directly and ask. Or just wait til the powers-to-be have decided.

#2 User is offline   blackshoe 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2010-July-28, 17:12

You can ask the C&C. You are unlikely to get a response. Probably best to just wait and see.
--------------------
As for tv, screw it. You aren't missing anything. -- Ken Berg
I have come to realise it is futile to expect or hope a regular club game will be run in accordance with the laws. -- Jillybean

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users