• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How forcing is forcing

#21 User is offline   cherdano 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2011-January-12, 19:17

View Post655321, on 2011-January-10, 07:29, said:

2) I don't know what the rules are about promising rebids, but to me this auction almost doesn't exist. With enough shape and values to bid 2 then 2 over partner's third seat opening, surely the hand was worth opening in the first place. But I don't think that it follows that responder is therefore showing a weak hand with 4-6 in the black suits, I would still just respond 1 with that hand.

View Posthelene_t, on 2011-January-12, 03:14, said:

Yeah I think 2 must be a raise of diamonds, showing a spade stopper on the way. With clubs and spades a passed hand would always bid spades first i think. 2 by an unpassed hand would be a GF so it must have a different meaning here.

Oh well, maybe something involving a stiff K that upgrades to opening strength once partner shows diamonds .... I suppose that that is how a random partner might mean it. But I'd rather play it as a diamond raise.

You guys are too complicated for me. I would just take it as a 5116 or 4126 or similar, just below opening strength (whatever that means for you). It's not like 2 shows a dead minimum, it can be quite wide-ranging and may contain 4-card majors.
The easiest way to count losers is to line up the people who talk about loser count, and count them. -Kieran Dyke

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

13 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 13 guests, 0 anonymous users