BBO Discussion Forums: Preempts 1 - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Preempts 1 what is wrong with this sequence?

#1 User is offline   mck4711 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:Diving, Climbing, and again - Bridge

Posted 2011-September-01, 10:24

Sometimes I am really challenged. Mistakes that nobody of us would (of course) do - never. Nevertheless, there are some areas where someone might get stuck, e.g. preempts. My idea is to write about things that struck me, real-life examples I experienced. I am turning the table around that usually someone is asking: what to do here? what to bid there? meaning of this or that? But no worries, no "textbook" :).
In case you like it: Fine, I am happy. And maybe it can help solve the one or other unclear situation.
In case you don't like it. No, thank you, we don't want to get answers on unasked questions: No problem, please say so, and I am going to stop.

Markus

PS and a word of warning:
Are there standard bids for all kind of situations? No! You have a lot of borderline situations, and you have individual styles, individual partnership agreements, special situations during a team-match etc. I am trying to catch a "broad" opinion, but that doesn't mean that you or a third player agrees on that. It is reflecting my opinion.

IMP, all love, SAYC, dealer starts with preempt

the following bidding, opps are silent:

3 - 4
4NT - 5
5 - p

something is wrong? yes, something IS wrong!
what?

Opener started with a 3-bid, showing usually 7 cards in ; and HCP in the range of 5-10, depending on style and partnership-agreement. Important: Once he has made this bid, he is fixed.
Responder can raise with a lot of hands to 4. He can have a strong hand and is of the opinion that 4 is a possible game. Or he can have a weak hand, then the raise shall put even more pressure on the opponents.

Having said this, OPENER CANNOT start slam-bidding, e.g. asking for aces after p's raise to 4. The only one who CAN investigate if slam is possible that is: RESPONDER.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users