• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Another (quick) Gazz question

#1 User is offline   Jinksy 

• Experimental biddicist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2011-December-09, 04:34

After the auction 1M 1a 2C 2D 2M, which bids by responder are forcing? My current guesses:

2N seems like it would be useful both as natural invite and as forcing.
3m might depend on whether you're playing IJSes? If so, it's surely weak, hoping to play there, if not I suppose it needs to be forcing.
3M seems like it should be considering you still don't know if opener has 6 of the suit, so given that you didn't raise them the first time you either have 2 card supp or a 3 card limit raise (not sure about this - bit rusty on 5cM 2/1)
3oM must vary depending on both the initial sequence and whether you play 1H 1S as a WJS, but is presumably natural where that makes sense and normally GF or at least F1 over 3H.
4m doesn't exist? Can't see you suddenly having a hand that wants to slamhunt in the major, you've had your chance to force in the minor, and without a known fit you're obviously not bypassing 3N.
The "4 is a transfer to 4" award goes to Jinksy - PhilKing

#2 User is offline   Free 

• mmm Duvel
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Duvel, Whisky

Posted 2011-December-09, 09:51

After 1M-1NT, responder can't have a forcing hand anymore. So after opener's 2M rebid, all bids are weak or INV. 3 for me is weak, 3 must be INV, 2NT is INV, 2/3 (after a 1 opener) is weak/INV,...

After 1-1-2-2-2 it's another story. I play 3 as 4th suit GF (since opener has shown +""), 3 is weak, 2/3 is weak/INV,... 3 doesn't have a natural meaning, so I use it as GF, probably with stopper and Hx.
"It may be rude to leave to go to the bathroom, but it's downright stupid to sit there and piss yourself" - blackshoe

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users