BBO Discussion Forums: Online Classes for 'Just Starters' Begins January 15 - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1

Online Classes for 'Just Starters' Begins January 15 Novices! Start the New Year Right!

#1 User is offline   TwstofLime 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2012-December-23, 22:42

If you have friends who would like to learn bridge or feel a bit rusty yourself, join Bridge 101 starting January 15 each T/Th at 4pm EST (2100 UTC)--eight 2-hour sessions. The Beginning Bridge Program is offered through the Beginner/Intermediate Lounge (BIL), a private club on BBO, and has four courses designed just for beginners:

Bridge 101: Basic Bidding--The Magic 13!

Bridge 102: 102 Tricks in Play of the Hand

Bridge 201: Conventions You Should Know and Love

Basic Defense Strategies

To join the BIL, visit www.bilbridge.com. For more information on the Program, the BIL, or to register for Bridge 101; please email Diana at dvanduzer@sbcglobal.net.

Good cards, great pards & Happy New Year!

#2 User is offline   dustinst22 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:Spades, Bridge, good food/wine, MMA, classical music, cycling

Posted 2012-December-26, 13:07

I've been trying to get younger people (i.e. working people) into Bridge, but it's so hard directing them to a course that caters to their working hours. Seems everything caters to those who are retired. Unfortunate.

#3 User is offline   TwstofLime 

• PipPip

Posted 2013-January-28, 00:15

View Postdustinst22, on 2012-December-26, 13:07, said:

I've been trying to get younger people (i.e. working people) into Bridge, but it's so hard directing them to a course that caters to their working hours. Seems everything caters to those who are retired. Unfortunate.

Hey Dustin! It depends on where you live. The BIL Beginning Bridge Program (BBP) is offered at various times during the year so that the courses are convenient to beginners all over the world. A favorite time for US and Canada is 2200 (10pm) ET. Contact Diana for more information at dvanduzer@sbcglobal.net.

#4 User is offline   TwstofLime 

• PipPip

Posted 2013-January-28, 00:20

Hey Dustin! It depends on where you live. The BIL Beginning Bridge Program (BBP) is offered at various times during the year so that the courses are convenient to beginners all over the world. A favorite time for US and Canada is 2200 (10pm) ET. Contact Diana for more information at dvanduzer@sbcglobal.net.

#5 User is offline   Mbodell 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2013-January-28, 01:21

View PostTwstofLime, on 2013-January-28, 00:20, said:

Is there a fee for the class and is there anyway for us to see the content to judge the quality of the class? The answer to that would help me know if I should forward the information on to other folks or not.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users