Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Google Results

#1 User is offline   jjbrr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2013-February-11, 22:04

When I've started threads in the past I've felt guilty about their frivolity, and this thread is no different. Forgive me for the pettiness.

Formerly I accessed BBO by googling bridgebase and clicking the link "Play Bridge" or whatever it was called, and the web client would launch in a new tab. I understand that I could utilize several other options to open the client in a new window, but that's not what I wanted. I really, really liked that it would open in a new tab in my current browser. It seems recently this has changed, and it's not immediately apparent to me how to open BBO in a new tab.

Posted Image

Currently I guess I have to click the top left link, then right click a link and open in a new tab. That's annoying.
OK
bed

#2 User is offline   jjbrr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-February-11, 22:16

When I said top left I meant the Bridge Base ACBL link. I see I can click on the main link and right click on something to do what I want, so really this thread is about a single click. Probably just disregard. I don't feel that strongly about it.
OK
bed

#3 User is offline   JLOGIC 

• 2011 Poster of The Year winner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-February-12, 00:53

brrrrrrrrr

#4 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2013-February-12, 05:25

View Postjjbrr, on 2013-February-11, 22:16, said:

When I said top left I meant the Bridge Base ACBL link. I see I can click on the main link and right click on something to do what I want, so really this thread is about a single click. Probably just disregard. I don't feel that strongly about it.

You can drag the link to "Play bridge now" in the Start button in Windows - then it will show there with other programs you have. It's still gonna be two clicks Start > BBO, but easier than googling it.

#5 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-February-12, 10:26

Why don't you go to the home page and click on "Download shortcut".? This will install a shortcut you can put on your desktop or task bar to open BBO in one click.

#6 User is offline   jjbrr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-February-12, 10:38

But does that open it in a new window or a new tab? I told you this was petty, but I like having it in a new tab because I keep facebook chat and gmail chat and stuff open and it's nice that everything is available in the same window.
OK
bed

#7 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-February-12, 10:48

View Postjjbrr, on 2013-February-12, 10:38, said:

But does that open it in a new window or a new tab? I told you this was petty, but I like having it in a new tab because I keep facebook chat and gmail chat and stuff open and it's nice that everything is available in the same window.

New tab for me. Might depend on browser settings or some such. Give it a try and see what happens?

#8 User is offline   StevenG 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2013-February-12, 10:59

Why not just open up a blank new tab and navigate to BBO?

#9 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2013-February-12, 11:35

Or add BBO to your favorites. There are a zillion ways to do it open BBO quickly. If you want a link or favorite to open in a new tab, hold down Control when you click on it.

I did some research in response to this post. Google doesn't give site owners very much control over the links that are shown, they try to figure out which are the most useful links based on their statistics. You can "demote" a link, to suggest that they not show it, but you can't force specific links in there.

http://support.googl...23&answer=47334

#10 User is offline   cherdano 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-February-12, 11:42

Option 1:
Use a decent browser. Press Ctrl-T. And the "play bridge online" link will appear as one of your favourites.
Option 2:
Use a decent browser. Press Ctrl-T. Type "onl" in the address bar and it will offer "online.bridgebase.com" as the first autocomplete option.
The easiest way to count losers is to line up the people who talk about loser count, and count them. -Kieran Dyke

#11 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2013-February-13, 10:49

Don't use online.bridgebase.com. It works, but it's not our official address. www.bridgebase.com is the preferred domain.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users