• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Thought this was normal

#21 User is offline   FrancesHinden 

• Limit bidder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Bridge, classical music, skiing... but I spend more time earning a living than doing any of those

Posted 2015-May-29, 15:04

View PostCyberyeti, on 2015-May-29, 09:29, said:

Depends, we'll hit it as purely lead directing, one of our biggest success being off AQ10x and out (and nobody's played redoubled yet).

We managed +2040 at the 3-level last weekend
Last time I redoubled on this auction, it's true we didn't play there, but we did finish up +1100 when they tried running

#22 User is offline   lmilne 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2015-June-03, 06:39

I play it as values in my partnership but I would assume clubs with an expert, if not discussed.

#23 User is offline   Cyberyeti 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-June-03, 07:39

View PostFrancesHinden, on 2015-May-29, 15:04, said:

We managed +2040 at the 3-level last weekend
Last time I redoubled on this auction, it's true we didn't play there, but we did finish up +1100 when they tried running

Opps playing redoubled in clubs has fond memories, the last occasion was the only time I seriously considered appealing a director's adjustment from +130 to +1600 as +2800 was available and +2200 was routine.

TBF the AQ108 double was after an initial pass by responder opposite a weak NT so it was less likely to attract a redouble and a stupid number of overtricks.

#24 User is offline   Fluffy 

• World International Master without a clue
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-June-03, 07:46

I know of nobody who plays this as values, because here nobody plays weak NT, and I mean nobody.

Having said that I trust my english friends over myself and I would like to introduce it as values in my partnerships.

#25 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-June-03, 09:08

View PostFluffy, on 2015-June-03, 07:46, said:

I know of nobody who plays this as values, because here nobody plays weak NT, and I mean nobody.

Having said that I trust my english friends over myself and I would like to introduce it as values in my partnerships.

Are you serious that nobody in expert community plays precision or alike artificial system or natural system with weak NT in Spain?
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#26 User is offline   WellSpyder 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-June-03, 10:27

View PostCyberyeti, on 2015-May-29, 09:29, said:

Depends, we'll hit it as purely lead directing, one of our biggest success being off AQ10x and out (and nobody's played redoubled yet).

My partner made 2CXX+2 at IMPs last month, for a pretty useful score. And teammates brought home 2CXX earlier this year, too. (Curiously, on the latter hand the contract at our table was 2CX= our way!)

#27 User is offline   benlessard 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:All games. i really mean all of them.

Posted 2015-June-03, 12:01

Doubling 2C with a big bal (without good clubs) is similar to doubling 1NT in terms of risk if your side is outgunned.

2Cx(or xx) by opps, 2 elsewhere by you (probably doubled), is about the same than

2 anything by you (probably doubled), 1NTx making by them.

However I prefer that pass and X is big bal while X of 2C is decent clubs and values (could be just 4C) this mean that if ive got a takeout of a garbage stayman I have to X and X or X and 2M.
From Psych "I mean, Gus and I never see eye-to-eye on work stuff.
For instance, he doesn't like being used as a human shield when we're being shot at.
I happen to think it's a very noble way to meet one's maker, especially for a guy like him.
Bottom line is we never let that difference of opinion interfere with anything."

#28 User is offline   Fluffy 

• World International Master without a clue
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-June-03, 15:40

View PostMrAce, on 2015-June-03, 09:08, said:

Are you serious that nobody in expert community plays precision or alike artificial system or natural system with weak NT in Spain?

Ok, actually I am exagerating, there are 2 pairs. However I am one of them.

#29 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-June-03, 17:46

View PostFluffy, on 2015-June-03, 15:40, said:

Ok, actually I am exagerating, there are 2 pairs. However I am one of them.

Ok ty, well if that's it, then you were not exaggerating.
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

5 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users