BBO Discussion Forums: Has U.S. Democracy Been Trumped? - BBO Discussion Forums

• 1081 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Has U.S. Democracy Been Trumped? Bernie Sanders wants to know who owns America?

#21601 User is offline   thepossum 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted Today, 05:03

View PostAl Phalpha, on 2024-July-15, 17:35, said:

How do you guys feel about Trump's VP choice?

I have no comment about US politics at all, but I do get sick of incessant childhood sob stories used by politicans of all colours
I was brought up on the Four Yorkshiremen and have always avoided entering politics knowing I could never sob enough to connect
It does seem de rigeur these days. Not what you are going to do for people, but starting off with a sob story
We all have them but do they connect?? No comment on the US at all
And purely as a disinterested observer I am impressed that you can dis Donald Trump and then become his running mate

#21602 User is online   kenberg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted Today, 07:09

View PostAl Phalpha, on 2024-July-15, 17:35, said:

How do you guys feel about Trump's VP choice?

A very good question. First I acknowledge my ignorance. I had forgotten that Vance was the author of Hillbilly Elegy. When it came out I thought I might read it but I never got around to it and did not connect Senator Vance as being the author until now.

It is impossible to imagine a Vance-like person as the VP choice of any previous Republican presidential nominee. Bush and Vance? Reagan and Vance? Eiisenhower and Vance. No. The Repulican Party has little resemblance to what it once was. Actually the Democratic Party has changed considerably,also, but less dramatically.

I heard some thinking that the R's would seek votes from suburban women. I guess not just yet.

I try not to whine, I live comfortably, no complaints, but I am one among I think a great many who say these are my choices?

Maybe I'll put it like this: I really think Trump's only interest is Trump. I would oppose Trump if he came up with a platform that well matched my views, I simply think he is an awful person. With Vance, I disagree. For example I think it is very important to support Ukrane both on general prinnciples and because I thinnk it is in our own best interests to do so. We do not want a break with Europe. But I am at least willing to consider it possible that Vance's views are based on what he thinks is best for the country. I disagree with his views, I strongly disagree, but that happens. Trump? I would not trust him with my wallet or my daugter and definitely not with my country.
Ken

• 1081 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

29 User(s) are reading this topic
1 members, 28 guests, 0 anonymous users

1. kenberg