BBO Discussion Forums: Games With Pricing - BBO Discussion Forums

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Games With Pricing

#1 User is offline   JoAnneM 

  • LOR
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 850
  • Joined: 2003-December-04
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:California

Posted 2020-February-23, 19:19

I have been away from BBO for awhile and was shocked when I went to buy some dollars. When did they start charging a surcharge? Why not just raise the price to play. They are playing games with me and I am not having it. This is the silliest scam I have seen in a long time. Tell me how much the game is and I will decide if I want to pay it.
Regards, Jo Anne
Practice Goodwill and Active Ethics
Director "Please"!
0

#2 User is offline   TylerE 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 2,614
  • Joined: 2006-January-30

Posted 2020-February-23, 20:51

Huh?

ACBL games went from $1 to $1.25 a few years ago, but there haven't been any other pricing changes.
0

#3 User is online   hrothgar 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 15,056
  • Joined: 2003-February-13
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Natick, MA
  • Interests:Travel
    Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2020-February-23, 20:52

They added a surcharge to reflect the cost of the taxes that they are now being charged

Personally, I like the transparency
Alderaan delenda est
0

#4 User is offline   JoAnneM 

  • LOR
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 850
  • Joined: 2003-December-04
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:California

Posted 2020-February-23, 22:07

View PostTylerE, on 2020-February-23, 20:51, said:

Huh?

ACBL games went from $1 to $1.25 a few years ago, but there haven't been any other pricing changes.



Please read my post, I am talking about BBO Dollars. It will cost me $38.99 to buy $30 BBO dollars. The last time I bought them it cost me $30.
Regards, Jo Anne
Practice Goodwill and Active Ethics
Director "Please"!
0

#5 User is online   smerriman 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 2,132
  • Joined: 2014-March-15
  • Gender:Male

Posted 2020-February-23, 23:11

View PostJoAnneM, on 2020-February-23, 22:07, said:

Please read my post, I am talking about BBO Dollars. It will cost me $38.99 to buy $30 BBO dollars. The last time I bought them it cost me $30.

Do you mean this?
0

#6 User is offline   diana_eva 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 4,636
  • Joined: 2009-July-26
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:bucharest / romania

Posted 2020-February-24, 00:34

View PostJoAnneM, on 2020-February-23, 19:19, said:

I have been away from BBO for awhile and was shocked when I went to buy some dollars. When did they start charging a surcharge? Why not just raise the price to play. They are playing games with me and I am not having it. This is the silliest scam I have seen in a long time. Tell me how much the game is and I will decide if I want to pay it.


First of all, welcome back :)

You probably purchased on the mobile app. The appstores charge a 30% fee for in-app purchases, which is why prices on the apps are a lot higher than on web.

If you purchase BB$ on web (visit www.bridgebase.com and tap Play Bridge Now to login), the price will be unchanged. It costs 30 bucks to buy 30 BB$. If you are in NY, MA, WA, sales tax may apply, but what you are describing doesn't sound like a tax issue (especially since tax is clearly disclosed, so you would know exactly what the extra charge is).

#7 User is offline   22tango2 

  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 11
  • Joined: 2013-September-07

Posted 2020-February-24, 13:24

i bought 20 bbo bucks yesterday. my credit card shows just a 20 expenditure. if it cost you 8 in fees you need to start asking questions of your credit card company and bbo.
0

#8 User is offline   pigpenz 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 2,483
  • Joined: 2005-April-25

Posted 2020-February-24, 14:00

yes i also noticed on my ipad to buy bbo buck it cost you more maybe 10% surcharge poop
0

#9 User is offline   pigpenz 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 2,483
  • Joined: 2005-April-25

Posted 2020-February-24, 14:22

View Postpigpenz, on 2020-February-24, 14:00, said:

yes i also noticed on my ipad to buy bbo buck it cost you more maybe 10% surcharge poop

ok so its just on the mobile apps then.
can you buy into prime with BBO bucks or do you have to use google pay instead of paypal?

30% surcharge for mobile app purchases is a pretty steep tax
0

#10 User is offline   diana_eva 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 4,636
  • Joined: 2009-July-26
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:bucharest / romania

Posted 2020-February-24, 15:08

View Postpigpenz, on 2020-February-24, 14:22, said:

ok so its just on the mobile apps then.
can you buy into prime with BBO bucks or do you have to use google pay instead of paypal?

30% surcharge for mobile app purchases is a pretty steep tax


If you subscribe on the web client you'll pay with BB$. If you subscribe on the apps, the in-app subscription mechanism will be used (google pay, credit card, phone bill, whatever payment method is defined in your appstore account).

#11 User is offline   barmar 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 20,673
  • Joined: 2004-August-21
  • Gender:Male

Posted 2020-February-25, 09:36

View Postpigpenz, on 2020-February-24, 14:22, said:

30% surcharge for mobile app purchases is a pretty steep tax

It's why we delayed adding in-app purchases to the mobile app for so long.

#12 User is offline   JoAnneM 

  • LOR
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 850
  • Joined: 2003-December-04
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:California

Posted 2020-March-02, 22:11

Thanks all for the replies and the help. I had been trying to buy the dollars on my iPad but when I went to my MacAir the prices were normal.
Regards, Jo Anne
Practice Goodwill and Active Ethics
Director "Please"!
0

#13 User is offline   bbutcher85 

  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 10
  • Joined: 2013-December-11

Posted 2021-April-13, 13:12

The last time I bought BB$ the cost was one for one, but on an apple product the cost is 50% higher. Is this change for all systems, or what is going on?
0

#14 User is online   hrothgar 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 15,056
  • Joined: 2003-February-13
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Natick, MA
  • Interests:Travel
    Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2021-April-13, 13:30

View Postbbutcher85, on 2021-April-13, 13:12, said:

The last time I bought BB$ the cost was one for one, but on an apple product the cost is 50% higher. Is this change for all systems, or what is going on?


What do the earlier posts in this thread say?
Alderaan delenda est
0

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users