BBO Discussion Forums: Playing in an iPad - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Playing in an iPad Issues with playing on iPad- solutions anyone?

#1 User is offline   annechis 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-April-18, 07:19

Quite a few of our group play on an iPad or tablet and seem to be far more often thrown out than those playing on laptop or desktops.They are using the internet rather than the app, as quite a few of our group are on the brink of their IT capability and internet seems easier. The issue seems to be worse when there is slow play anywhere at the table, not necessarily the person who gets thrown out. We are wondering if it could be the screen auto lock on the iPad that isn’t set for long enough and the iPad is effectively going to sleep. So it may well be that extending the auto lock time through the settings on the iPads may help.
Does anyone else have any experience of this or any other solution?
Thank you

#2 User is offline   mycroft 

• Secretary Bird
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-April-20, 09:14

This could be not your problem, but one issue that is well known is "changing wi-fi connections or dropping to data boots you out'. I don't know if this applies to the kinds of "SmartSharing", where you will be pushed to the 2.4GHz version of your wi-fi when the 5.0GHz stream isn't "good enough" and back. If that is, and if the person on the iPad is "on the border" so there's a lot of this seamless switching, that could be causing this issue.

Also, my provider has said that in their experience, Apple products don't play well with this scheme (whether it's just their version or the trick in general I don't know). That could also be an issue.
When I go to sea, don't fear for me, Fear For The Storm -- Birdie and the Swansong (tSCoSI)

#3 User is offline   cloudy1 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-October-25, 22:10

My iPad has suddenly started showing a strange screen, with oversized hands and names. The bud box is now off center, as are the tricks played. Anyone else have this?

#4 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-October-28, 10:01

It sounds like you've zoomed the screen. Try pinching to shrink it back to normal size.

I don't think the app normally has zooming, are you using the web version instead? Or maybe you enabled something in Accessibility that allows you to zoom the screen independently of the app.

#5 User is offline   Vampyr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-October-28, 10:13

As director, I was unable to put robots in to complete a half table. The backup director was able to do it on a computer.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

#6 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-October-28, 10:32

View PostVampyr, on 2020-October-28, 10:13, said:

As director, I was unable to put robots in to complete a half table. The backup director was able to do it on a computer.

The web version is newer than the mobile app, it has some improvements to TD functions.

You can use the web version on an iPad.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users