BBO Discussion Forums: Cannot set up table with People (Friends)...? - BBO Discussion Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cannot set up table with People (Friends)...? Click on Casual and they disappear from People list...?

#21 User is offline   halseyst 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-May-12, 11:16

Echoing Danarius. The Casual platform as currently configured is fundamentally useless. If it is taking you away from the primary data base platform there is no way to start an informal friendly table "relaxed" or "Competitive" Driving excellent players away from online bridge. Who ever did whatever took the service backwards not forward. Please just put everything back like it was.

Cheers

#22 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-May-12, 11:35

barmar, on 2020-May-12, 08:30, said:

The Android app has been updated, tell them to update from the Google Play store.

Are you sure it's already available on Google Play store?
I went there but only got a choice of Uninstall/Open, which I imagine means I am up to date.
Unfortunately as previously mentioned there is no obvious way of checking the app version.

#23 User is offline   TSgro 

• Pip

Posted 2020-May-12, 13:47

We have still have problems with log in and setting up games. Friends fall off as soon as you try to set up a table. I hope this will be resolved soon.

#24 User is offline   jlhoweiii 

• Pip

Posted 2020-May-12, 14:50

I just had a friend try to start a Casual table with Table Host on a PC and partner on an iPad... The iPad user did not get switched to the new Casual server. When partner used the Safari browser on the same iPad, everything worked as expected.

I just tried to connect to Casual from the iPhone BBO app and had the same experience as the iPad user. Tapping Casual did not switch to the new server.

#25 User is offline   SKC452 

• Pip

Posted 2020-May-12, 15:00

Is it possible that some player user names did not migrate from Server 1 to Server 2 during the data migration?

I tried to start a casual game today, but only two of the three other players could be seen in the Casual area. The other one indicated that she was in the Casual area, but she was not showing up in my friends list in the casual area. She was showing up in my friends list BEFORE I entered in the Casual area.

I went to this player's house to see if I could figure out what the issue was. When I logged into to BBO, I went to casual. The others in our group who were signed into Casual were not on her friends list.

When I clicked SHOW OFF LINE, these players names showed up.

The player who does not show up in Casual is playing on a iPad. I logged in from a browser rather than the iPad app.

Please advise.

Thanks so much!

#26 User is offline   Greenlit 

• Pip

Posted 2020-May-12, 22:42

It is possible to still access the new server with an iPad if you don't use the IOS app, but use the regular Safari (or other) browser, log in to the BBO website as usual on a PC and remember to click "Casual".
Works perfectly!

Greenlit (Australia)

#27 User is offline   westwind3 

• PipPip

Posted 2020-May-13, 02:05

This is an appalling change!!! The Main Bridge Club is now totally unusable !!

The Main Bridge Club has for years ( in my case 15 ) been the Main playing area, you play for a while with maybe a new partner, you watch the lobby for your friends, and then maybe arrange a table with them. Now if your friends are just 'idle' on-line or maybe kibbing a match, you can no longer see them.

We frequently play teams, 8 players agree to be on-line at a certain time, quite often one might kibb a 'star' player in the Main club while waiting. Now the team match will collapse,even though all players are on-line.

That is two of the most fundamental BBO actions totally destroyed !!

I should also point out that I , and thousands of others, have been money-paying members, probably in the 1000's of BBO$ over the years, our voice should be heard .

BBO , PLEASE CHANGE THIS , or move the Main Bridge Club to what you now seem to call your " Main" server.

#28 User is offline   letitrock 

• Pip

Posted 2020-May-13, 03:19

Regarding the parallel universe....please try and get us all back together, it’s such a confusing nuisance, friends log on don’t see you, think your a no show leave mail and go ☹️ It’s very hard to invite friends and start a game. Also there are a lot less players on one side, last night 46,000 on normal side, once I click casual to open a table there was just 9,000.
Please please work on this issue ASAP.
Thank you

#29 User is offline   westwind3 

• PipPip

Posted 2020-May-13, 04:44

We understand that servers must be upgraded, but " real soon now " does not sound very encouraging.

At the very minimum , it must be simple to put the Main Bridge Club on the " Main Server " , leave Solitaire, Practise etc on the old box.

If,as we frequently do , set up a team game for 8 , that is no more / or less " casual" than setting up a table for 4.

BBO PLEASE PLEASE reply on this , all of us here have spent probably 1000+ BBO$ on Speedball etc , that kept BBO alive before it found the Corona-Virus Gold-mine

#30 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-May-18, 17:17

pescetom, on 2020-May-12, 11:35, said:

Are you sure it's already available on Google Play store?
I went there but only got a choice of Uninstall/Open, which I imagine means I am up to date.
Unfortunately as previously mentioned there is no obvious way of checking the app version.

I jumped the gun. My Google Play account is set up as a beta tester for the BBO app. I forgot about this when I reported that the update was available.

#31 User is offline   pepsi4me 

• Pip

Posted 2020-May-18, 18:08

I am having the same problem as others. I set up a table and invite 3 friends. 99% of the time when I issue the invite, I get a message that the friend is either not online or not available. I had seen him listed as online just before the invite, but after the invite he doesn't appear in my friends list, even though he says he is logged on. Others have the same problem inviting the same person. He is listed as a friend (not ignore). Thank you for any ideas.

#32 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-May-19, 16:30

pepsi4me, on 2020-May-18, 18:08, said:

I am having the same problem as others. I set up a table and invite 3 friends. 99% of the time when I issue the invite, I get a message that the friend is either not online or not available. I had seen him listed as online just before the invite, but after the invite he doesn't appear in my friends list, even though he says he is logged on. Others have the same problem inviting the same person. He is listed as a friend (not ignore). Thank you for any ideas.

Make sure you're all using the new version: the HTML desktop version or the mobile application.

#33 User is offline   pepsi4me 

• Pip

Posted 2020-May-23, 12:56

barmar, on 2020-May-19, 16:30, said:

Make sure you're all using the new version: the HTML desktop version or the mobile application.

That was the problem...it works great now, Thank You!

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users