BBO Discussion Forums: Disconnected partners appear to be still there - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Disconnected partners appear to be still there

#1 User is offline   cmsjw5 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-July-18, 16:43

One of my regular partners has had a lot of trouble with disconnections, over a long period.
I'm fairly sure that when this used to happen with the Flash client, as soon as he discoed his name would turn red (background).

That meant that we all knew to wait, and if it was a casual game I could quickly reserve his seat to stop others sitting.

The new software behaves differently. On a disco, there is no change of background colour until the missing player re-connects, which is far too late.
In a tournament, we can all sit waiting for a play, or asking 'are you there p ?' in the belief that he's there. At casual, uninvited partners suddenly appear, and have to be asked to leave.

Usually the first warning of disco is spotting 'friend just logged in' pop-up at the bottom right, and then the background turns red - sometimes with the 'reserved' message, until he finds the table again.

Last night after we'd left the table and were chatting, I managed to type 3-4 lengthy sentences before I realised he wasn't there, but his user still showed as online long after (he told me later) he'd been discoed.

Is there any way to fix this ? That is, detect discoes and alert them more quickly and clearly.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users