BBO Discussion Forums: Can I be a bit peeved with GiB here - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Can I be a bit peeved with GiB here Other tables found an obvious slam

#1 User is offline   thepossum 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-August-25, 20:21

Maybe its my fault as South not being pushy enough with what I had. I dare GiB to be brave enough to ask some cues. Maybe it cant ask those questions :( Or maybe I needed to do a cue bid in Clubs but I don't know if it was defined in this case

Note. My 3S was a force (maybe not forcing enough) rather than jumping straight to 4S. I did consider going on with a Blackwood myself but....

FYI Our opponents at the other tables were Australian and Israeli Bermuda Bowl teams so it was a bit expensive

#2 User is offline   smerriman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-August-25, 21:36

100% blame to GIB. Nothing you could have done, it is just hopeless when it comes to cuebidding. And it doesn't even define a jump by opener after 2, which is what should have happened, though it had a second chance after you raised to 3 and failed miserably.

#3 User is offline   nige1 

• 5-level belongs to me
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Poems Computers

Posted 2020-August-25, 22:36

Thepossum 'Maybe its my fault as South not being pushy enough with what I had. I dare GiB to be brave enough to ask some cues. Maybe it cant ask those questions Or maybe I needed to do a cue bid in Clubs but I don't know if it was defined in this caseNote. My 3S was a force (maybe not forcing enough) rather than jumping straight to 4S. I did consider going on with a Blackwood myself but.... FYI Our opponents at the other tables were Australian and Israeli Bermuda Bowl teams so it was a bit expensive.'
++++++++++++++++++++
Agree with Smerriman. But -- in defence of GIB -- the slam is marginal -- depending on the guess.

#4 User is offline   Stephen Tu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-August-25, 22:53

GIB's bidding is bad here.
But it's actually a bad slam in theory without the helpful lead. You have to guess the diamonds, so that brings it down to 50%, plus there's some additional few percent chance of a diamond ruff depending on opponent's tendencies for overcalling on DAQxxxx.

#5 User is offline   thepossum 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-August-26, 00:06

Thx all. I'm just quite competitive and hoped during the auction for a bit more life from partner, backed up when I saw the scores. It's a tough one to bid but with 10 tricks in North and my encouragement I would have gone for it

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users