BBO Discussion Forums: Unable to login with any search engine - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Unable to login with any search engine Login problems

#1 User is offline   chessapup 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-August-31, 16:02

I get a strange looking page when I open bridgebase.com with a picture of people playing bridge and text links top and bottom. When I try to "play" I cannot get online. I can play on my phone but not on my acer laptop. I have been on bbo for some 10 years and this is the first time I have had this problem

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-August-31, 16:06

Try clearing your browser cache.

#3 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2020-August-31, 16:16

The video of people playing bridge has been there since sometime last year. Is this really the first time you've seen it?

#4 User is offline   chessapup 

• Pip

Posted 2020-September-01, 03:23

View Postbarmar, on 2020-August-31, 16:16, said:

The video of people playing bridge has been there since sometime last year. Is this really the first time you've seen it?

Yes I have seen it but now it is completely different. I have text with all the links and the various photos between the text. The page is not downloading as it should. I have cleared my browsing cache.

#5 User is offline   sails01 

• Pip

Posted 2020-October-24, 05:31

Hi. I cannot login to BBO at www.bridgebase.com. I see the people playing bridge in the background. I can enter my user name and password. A small pop up screen comes up and say connecting, please wait. That little screen disappears and a small yellow error message comes up on the lower right side and says Error - Your internet may be off, or too many players online. Check your internet or try again later.

I am using Chrome. I went into Chrome and cleared my cache, etc. I then rebooted. Same problem - every time. Internet explorer gives the same result.

I have no problem using the flash version.

Help please.

#6 User is offline   StevenG 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2020-October-24, 10:22

View Postsails01, on 2020-October-24, 05:31, said:

Hi. I cannot login to BBO at www.bridgebase.com. I see the people playing bridge in the background. I can enter my user name and password. A small pop up screen comes up and say connecting, please wait. That little screen disappears and a small yellow error message comes up on the lower right side and says Error - Your internet may be off, or too many players online. Check your internet or try again later.

I am using Chrome. I went into Chrome and cleared my cache, etc. I then rebooted. Same problem - every time. Internet explorer gives the same result.

I have no problem using the flash version.

I was having this problem a week ago, but using an old version of Firefox. I posted my diagnostics in a different thread in this forum, and a day or two later it started to work again. On checking I noticed that a php script had been inserted which, I assume, allowed the old-fashioned way of calling the site using "https:" to continue working. I was very grateful for this.

Today it has stopped working. The php script has disappeared and I am back to "502" error messages, due to using "https:" not "wss:".

To sails01, I would suggest making sure that you have an up-to-date version of Chrome.

To BBO, I would ask that the php script be reinstated. It worked!

#7 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2020-October-25, 13:16

View PostStevenG, on 2020-October-24, 10:22, said:

To BBO, I would ask that the php script be reinstated. It worked!

The PHP script was for the Flash version. It's not used for the HTML5 version.

#8 User is offline   StevenG 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-October-25, 15:58

View Postbarmar, on 2020-October-25, 13:16, said:

The PHP script was for the Flash version. It's not used for the HTML5 version.

Well, it's returned. I don't know how in that case, as I'm using HTML5, but it's very handy for me.

#9 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2020-October-28, 10:13

View PostStevenG, on 2020-October-25, 15:58, said:

Well, it's returned. I don't know how in that case, as I'm using HTML5, but it's very handy for me.

What do you mean by "returned"? Where are you seeing this, what's the full URL?

#10 User is offline   StevenG 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-October-28, 10:45

View Postbarmar, on 2020-October-28, 10:13, said:

What do you mean by "returned"? Where are you seeing this, what's the full URL?

Sorry, I accidentally had a filter on the console that was omitting some of the messages. My mistake.

However, the GET using "https:" is currently working, returning "101 Switching Protocols" rather than the "502" which has been happening intermittently for the last couple of weeks.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users