Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Screen feezing during game

#1 User is offline   barrymic 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-October-08, 15:17

I play on an iPad Pro and after approx 30 minutes play my partner tells me across the table that it is my move. Apparently my screen/app has frozen and I am unable to see that the other players have played their cards and they are waiting for me. At this point I go to my PC log on to BBO and continue playing. I have not encountered a problem on this iPad with any other APP. My partner plays on an iPad Mini using the same WiFi network and has never had a problem. Any suggestions please ?

#2 User is offline   peterb001 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2020-October-10, 13:21

Can you clarify, please. Are you using the BBO app, or a web browser (if so, which one)? Similarly what specifically is your partner using?

I only occasionally play on my iPad mini, accessing BBO through Safari, and haven't encountered this problem.

#3 User is offline   barrymic 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-October-14, 16:43

Thanks for your response. We are both using the latest downloaded APP.

#4 User is offline   peterb001 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2020-October-18, 11:57

View Postbarrymic, on 2020-October-14, 16:43, said:

Thanks for your response. We are both using the latest downloaded APP.

I can't comment on the app, as I've never used it. I would suggest that you try using the website directly through Safari or any other browser, and see if the problem goes away. It is very unlikely that the problem will be fixed anytime soon - the developers are very busy, and it's not a problem that you can replicate at will, which is what would give them a reasonable chance of finding out what is going wrong.

#5 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-October-18, 14:33

View Postpeterb001, on 2020-October-18, 11:57, said:

It is very unlikely that the problem will be fixed anytime soon - the developers are very busy, and it's not a problem that you can replicate at will, which is what would give them a reasonable chance of finding out what is going wrong.

Nobody from BBO has even acknowledged his problem in 10 days, so it does seem unlikely it will be fixed soon.

As previously reported (and in contradiction with what BBO have sustained about keep-alive between server and client) I have seen the Android app on a Samsung tablet remain hung like this when I lose wifi contact - the app only realises it has lost contact with the server when I regain wifi contact, at which point the login screen appears. Perhaps something similar is happening here.

#6 User is offline   fromageGB 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-October-21, 08:14

View Postbarrymic, on 2020-October-08, 15:17, said:

I play on an iPad Pro and after approx 30 minutes play my partner tells me across the table that it is my move. Apparently my screen/app has frozen and I am unable to see that the other players have played their cards and they are waiting for me...

This is a new one on me. Your "chat" across the table worked but the cards didn't?
All other cases of which I am aware are a complete loss of all data to your connection.

#7 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-October-25, 13:12

If you get stuck like this, logout and log back in and it should clear up.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users