Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What is GIB up to here?

#1 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-November-10, 11:58

I can imagine that taking 11 tricks with cross-ruffs is not simple for a robot, but not why GIB decides to start by losing the first trick in this hand.
Everyone has pretty much what they said, and the hearts are an open book despite the K lead.
Can anyone enlighten me?

#2 User is online   pilowsky 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-November-10, 13:40

The west robot was being friendly.
The West robot is much friendlier than the East robot, but not quite as friendly as the North robot.
The South robot is completely useless which is why everyone sits South. The North robot is useless.
Everyone knows that.
Was it morning or afternoon? Which day of the week was it? Was Pisces in the ascendant? Why do girls fall in love?
Can anyone one enlighten any of us?
Non legit hoc

#3 User is online   pilowsky 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-November-10, 16:36

Although, come to think of who knows what whimsy wanders through the wasteland of West's wild wanton whimpering wilderness when it wildly gives me this hand?
From just one moment ago.
Or, from the same tournament a few seconds later, A man in possession of 15 HCP shall fear no West robot.
Apparently, as someone explained to me a few months ago, they're just robots. Do whatever you want.
Non legit hoc

#4 User is online   smerriman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-November-10, 19:11

Change North's 6 of diamonds to the 6 of clubs and (after it decides Ace / low heart from dummy are equals) discarding is actually better double dummy:

I think GIB simulates a much smaller number of deals than people expect, so there's always a chance most of the hands it simulated gave equal results and the others were non-existent or balanced out the wrong way.

#5 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-November-13, 08:00

View Postsmerriman, on 2020-November-10, 19:11, said:

Change North's 6 of diamonds to the 6 of clubs and (after it decides Ace / low heart from dummy are equals) discarding is actually better double dummy:

I think GIB simulates a much smaller number of deals than people expect, so there's always a chance most of the hands it simulated gave equal results and the others were non-existent or balanced out the wrong way.

Good point, thanks.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users