Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 table Howell ?

#1 User is offline   D_H_D 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-October-13, 07:08

I see that a Howell can be set up for 3 and more tables. Can it be set up for just 2 tables?

I was thinking of using the set up for teaching purposes, as it has the +breakX+ facility to allow discussion of boards - especially if set to 1 board per round. Having the teachers as co-directors allows them to watch and comment on each table, and to chat to both at once.

Thanks.

#2 User is offline   biometrics 

• PipPip
  • Interests:Statistics , Quantitative Research, Bridge, Reading Crime stories & thrillers

Posted 2020-October-13, 07:45

D_H_D, on 2020-October-13, 07:08, said:

I see that a Howell can be set up for 3 and more tables. Can it be set up for just 2 tables?

I was thinking of using the set up for teaching purposes, as it has the +breakX+ facility to allow discussion of boards - especially if set to 1 board per round. Having the teachers as co-directors allows them to watch and comment on each table, and to chat to both at once.

Thanks.

exactly that happend to one of my (paid) tournaments some weeks ago. there were only 3 pairs and we ended up with a 2 table howell and a robot pair. I did not skip the tournament though I thought it won´t start. But it did ;o))

#3 User is offline   D_H_D 

• PipPip

Posted 2020-October-13, 09:58

biometrics, on 2020-October-13, 07:45, said:

exactly that happend to one of my (paid) tournaments some weeks ago. there were only 3 pairs and we ended up with a 2 table howell and a robot pair. I did not skip the tournament though I thought it won´t start. But id did ;o))

Thanks. That's good news, for me, at least!

#4 User is offline   patr1cks 

• PipPip

Posted 2020-October-15, 12:20

D_H_D, on 2020-October-13, 07:08, said:

Thanks.

I run multiple 2-table Howells for what's a bit like a Pairs Ladder, letting the top 4 pairs play amongst themselves, next four etc. Works just fine, and I can pull the results together using the latest BBOtoXML software when it is over.

I had pondered using it exactly as you describe for teaching but have not done that yet.

#5 User is offline   kaison 

• Pip

Posted 2020-October-18, 20:55

I am running a pair tournament with max 6 pairs. if only 11 players show up, does system will auto add a robot to the tournament if I leave the "Allow Robot" option "on"? Thanks,

#6 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-October-19, 01:02

kaison, on 2020-October-18, 20:55, said:

I am running a pair tournament with max 6 pairs. if only 11 players show up, does system will auto add a robot to the tournament if I leave the "Allow Robot" option "on"? Thanks,

No. But your 11th player can register with a robot if they wish so (it will cost 25 cents to rent a robot as a partner in tourney). You cannot replace the rented robot with a human later on.

#7 User is offline   kaison 

• Pip

Posted 2020-October-20, 21:00

How to invite a robot as partner?
Thank you very much,

#8 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-October-25, 13:38

kaison, on 2020-October-20, 21:00, said:

How to invite a robot as partner?
Thank you very much,

When you're registering, there will be a checkbox to play with a robot.

This assumes that the person who created the tourney enabled the "Allow robots" option.

#9 User is offline   kaison 

• Pip

Posted 2020-October-25, 22:32

barmar, on 2020-October-25, 13:38, said:

When you're registering, there will be a checkbox to play with a robot.

This assumes that the person who created the tourney enabled the "Allow robots" option.

Thank you very much!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users