Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Include list Multiple tournaments with different Include lists

#1 User is offline   cbai125461 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-October-13, 10:25

Is it possible to create a tourney with entry restriction Include List, then create a second tourney having uploaded a different Include List? I understand that if first tourney is modified it will pick up the new Include list, but otherwise is this a feasible approach to controlling who registers for two simultaneous tourneys? (I know it’s also possible to restrict to players followed by host, but that’s not my query.)

#2 User is offline   bjacobs 

• PipPip

Posted 2020-October-13, 15:53

I'm sure that will work, but it is subject to the very important proviso that as soon as you update one of the tourneys, it will pick up the include list that is in place at the time.

In other words, when you create (or modify) a tourney, it takes your current include list and essentially 'copies' it into the tournament's definition.

#3 User is offline   patr1cks 

• PipPip

Posted 2020-October-15, 12:25

View Postcbai125461, on 2020-October-13, 10:25, said:

Is it possible to create a tourney with entry restriction Include List, then create a second tourney having uploaded a different Include List? I understand that if first tourney is modified it will pick up the new Include list, but otherwise is this a feasible approach to controlling who registers for two simultaneous tourneys? (I know it’s also possible to restrict to players followed by host, but that’s not my query.)

I had set this up for one evening but with running multiple tourneys at the same time there was inevitably a need to modify one of them (I think it started with an extra player not on the list, but late it was to delay things for a minute) and then the lists all got muddled up. I have resorted to a single list and telling people to register for the "correct" event.

#4 User is offline   mesurina 

• Pip

Posted 2020-October-26, 06:41

View Postcbai125461, on 2020-October-13, 10:25, said:

Once a tournament is set-up by a specific user only that user can amend the include list. So if you specify an additional director and run the tournament from that director then modifying the tournament will not change the include list. The original director could set up another tournament with a different include list without affecting the first tournament.
The other thing you can do is to set up a number of tournaments in advance and then modify them with a new up to date include list on the day they are due to run. Again they need to be run by an additional director in case you need to modify prior to the start.
Hope this helps. We operate this way in Scotland without problems.

#5 User is offline   scarletv 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2020-October-26, 15:30

View Postmesurina, on 2020-October-26, 06:41, said:

Once a tournament is set-up by a specific user only that user can amend the include list. So if you specify an additional director and run the tournament from that director then modifying the tournament will not change the include list. The original director could set up another tournament with a different include list without affecting the first tournament.
The other thing you can do is to set up a number of tournaments in advance and then modify them with a new up to date include list on the day they are due to run. Again they need to be run by an additional director in case you need to modify prior to the start.
Hope this helps. We operate this way in Scotland without problems.

This is exactly the way it works. We do the same. Don't run the tourney with the host but with a TD who cannot change the assigned lists of the tourney.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users