BBO Discussion Forums: Serious issues and suggestions for the tables UI - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Serious issues and suggestions for the tables UI

#1 User is offline   thepossum 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-October-22, 04:17

Hi there

I have a huge number of issues in trying to find and join a table. They have always been soewhat anoying but seem even worse with the new interface.

However the following are a few obvious issues trying to find a join a table which cause inconvenience and problems for me (and others if I accidentally do something wrong)

1. Take me to the first table available on a huge number of occasions either takes you to the wrong club(main in my case), wrong level players, people leaving, people waiting for someone else etc etc Occasionally you get a few hands and a chance to interact without embarassment but...

2. Browsing a club (eg relaxed) Trying to find a table with players your level takes so long by the time you get to try and sit its often been occupied by someone else

3. It is unclear if all the tables listed are open for random dropins. I suspect the vast majority are people setting up a table for any manner of reasons, working out the settings, waiting for friends etc. There needs a clear difference for setting up a table (by default) that you want dropins or not to save everyone wasting their time and embarassment, hurt, whateve

4. Something of a problem with the way the UI jumps around, it is far to easy to select a table and click to find its moved and you joined the wrong table etc. See abve

5. Maybe a problem with my hardware, my OS, my bowser, HTML 5, brdgebease whatever but occasionally there are inadvertent clicks which take you to something you didn't want to do. No idea where the problem lies etc

6. I do appreciate also there are serious issues sometimes with internet delays and responses from clicks. I/ we are so used to synchconicity you often click nothing happens, wait a while, click again and then some response to something ages ago happens etc Its like trying to edit in one of these edit boxes. You click edit. Wait a while. The page pops u with an edit box. You position your cursosr, start typing and find that the pages has moved a few sentence or paragraphs in between etc

I have no idea where all the problems are these days. I know everything has changed and there are problems at all levels of the interaction between user and app but there are a lot of things need ironing out from my hardware supplier, my OS provider, my browser provider, and application or site providers to make sure we don't stuff up through no fault of our own. Is it that hard these days. Have the development components, UIs, maybe asynchronomous databasing, and HTML changes made everything that hard etc Many of these issue apply to the whole world and every web site or app or OS etc You get the feeling so much of the world now is either careless (ie not caring about people making mistakes), doing it deliberately to get people to make mistakes (not saying what I think of that) or what.

I may be old school and very old fashioned in my philosophy but things used to be designed (if I had anything to do with it) to fulfil user requirements, be easy to use, and be tested under all manner of cicumstances and not be trying to do anything underhand. As I said, last part of my rant applies to the whole world really

And in case anyone gets too upset I am talking about the whole interface between me, my fingers and whatever app or site I am developing. There are serious issues between my hands and whatever has been developed. I quite appreciate that.

Joining the wrong table is usually not much more than embarrassing. But etc...

Please note I am rainsing similar issues with all parties involved in my digital interface with the world etc

regards P

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users