Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Edit Tournament Time until start Not working

#1 User is offline   Bri_and 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-October-20, 10:29

I'm relatively new at setting up tournaments but have been doing so for 4-5 weeks now. This week when I copied a previous tournament, then changed the start time and pressed modify the start time changed by 2 hours. Whenever I tried to change it I couldn't get the start time to stay to what I set.
I decided to delete and create a brand new tournament - and get the same problem.

I always get the yellow "tournament has been modified" notice. When I go back into edit mode the time has changed by 2 hours (and 1 minute). I have screen shots available

#2 User is offline   kenjay 

• PipPip

Posted 2020-October-20, 11:33

Bri_and, on 2020-October-20, 10:29, said:

I'm relatively new at setting up tournaments but have been doing so for 4-5 weeks now. This week when I copied a previous tournament, then changed the start time and pressed modify the start time changed by 2 hours. Whenever I tried to change it I couldn't get the start time to stay to what I set.
I decided to delete and create a brand new tournament - and get the same problem.

I always get the yellow "tournament has been modified" notice. When I go back into edit mode the time has changed by 2 hours (and 1 minute). I have screen shots available

Not sure if this is your problem, but my login won't go beyond 14 days when modifying tournaments.

#3 User is offline   Bri_and 

• PipPip

Posted 2020-October-20, 11:43

I had noted you can't modufy more than 14 days hence - this time I am trying to modify 7 days (and a couple of hours) time

#4 User is offline   gordontd 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-October-20, 12:14

Bri_and, on 2020-October-20, 11:43, said:

I had noted you can't modufy more than 14 days hence - this time I am trying to modify 7 days (and a couple of hours) time

I find it sometimes takes a while to "take". I copy across six times or so, change the days on all of them and they still seem the same, but if I log off and back on it has done it correctly. Seems to just be a display thing.
Gordon Rainsford
London UK

#5 User is offline   jandrew 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2020-October-20, 13:06

Bri_and, on 2020-October-20, 10:29, said:

Was the "error" time exactly one hour away from what you wanted ?
Were you setting the time on a day on or after 25 October?
Are you in the UK or some other country which changes its clocks on Saturday/Sunday 24/25 September?

#6 User is offline   Bri_and 

• PipPip

Posted 2020-October-20, 14:17

Setting up for 27 October. Time adjusts to 21:01 instead of 19:00 and yes - UK time

#7 User is offline   jandrew 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-October-20, 15:00

Bri_and, on 2020-October-20, 14:17, said:

Setting up for 27 October. Time adjusts to 21:01 instead of 19:00 and yes - UK time

I have only a minimum experience - which is that if you now set the time for 19.00 on 27 October - then the BBO software will show the chosen time as 20.00 (which is BST) so that it will automatically fall back to 19.00 when the clocks go back on Sunday 25 October.
I don't understand why you are a further hour out.

(Sorry - the reference to September in my final paragraph should have read October - it's an age thing.)

#8 User is offline   thomsonk52 

• Pip

Posted 2020-October-20, 15:10

I have exactly the same problem. I only run one tournament a week, and I always copy the previous week's tournamnet to create the next week's, simply advancing the time by seven days. After I change the time, and click modify tournament, the time is still always wrong. No matter how many times I correct it, click modify tournament, log off and on again, it is still wrong. So far, onece there is only one tournament remaining, and I correct the time, it modifies correctly, but as long as their are two tournaments, it never modifies the time correctly on the later tournament. This has happened every week since I started running tournaments, eight weeks ago.

#9 User is offline   Bri_and 

• PipPip

Posted 2020-October-21, 03:23

OK. I have now
1. set the schedule time for 19.00 BST
2. Click modify and note the schedule lists as 21:59
3. Edit tournament and note it's set for 20.00 (without me changing anything)
4. Log off/on and note the scheduler shows 20.00

One for the technical team to look into please

#10 User is offline   paulg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-October-21, 06:32

I've seen similar problems with creating next week's tournament. As it is not on Monday morning I've decision to wait until then to worry about it.

All programmers know that dealing with times, dates, time zones and daylight savings is problematic for everyone except themselves. Normally the problem is worst the first time a company encounters a leap year :)

In this case, I suspect the fact that Europe's end of daylight saving does not coincide with America's is the one of the problems, clients and servers in different time zones is another, and the fact we've not complained about it the last few times it happened.
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

#11 User is offline   jandrew 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-October-21, 07:04

paulg, on 2020-October-21, 06:32, said:

I've seen similar problems with creating next week's tournament. As it is not on Monday morning I've decision to wait until then to worry about it.

All programmers know that dealing with times, dates, time zones and daylight savings is problematic for everyone except themselves. Normally the problem is worst the first time a company encounters a leap year :)

In this case, I suspect the fact that Europe's end of daylight saving does not coincide with America's is the one of the problems, clients and servers in different time zones is another, and the fact we've not complained about it the last few times it happened.

Paul is, of course, right. Changes in time zones, etc, etc are a source of great confusion.
He is lucky that his first tournament of next week is not until Monday.

The four tournaments which I have created for next week all currently show a starting time which is one hour later than I intend. I am sure that they will correct themselves by falling back by that hour at 2.00am on Sunday 25 October. However, my first tournament will start at 9.15 (new UK time) on Sunday which, if I decide to check, will mean that I must get out of bed rather earlier than I wish.
I may be tempted to cross my fingers, roll over and go back to sleep. :lol:

#12 User is offline   paulg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-October-25, 06:55

As far as I can see, the situation has resolved itself and I have some faith that my tournament will start at the time I expect.

jandrew can probably confirm.
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

#13 User is offline   jandrew 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-October-25, 13:33

paulg, on 2020-October-25, 06:55, said:

As far as I can see, the situation has resolved itself and I have some faith that my tournament will start at the time I expect.

jandrew can probably confirm.

In the event I crossed my fingers and slept on.
I think that all was OK.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users