Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Your Lead Daily Matchpoint Online

#1 User is offline   lamford 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-October-22, 18:10

The standard is mixed in this EBU matchpoint event, so you don't really know if North was saving or not. Also 4H might be quite wide-ranging. Your lead. And rate the alternatives.
I prefer to give the lawmakers credit for stating things for a reason - barmar

#2 User is offline   apollo1201 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-October-23, 00:26

S2, what else?

H is a bit vain (we’re not cutting ruffs, they have plenty of H in each hand).

D is fraught with danger, although it could make declarer misguess with A un dummy and Q in hand.

CA is fantasming over partner having the CK. Sure, it will be very effective in that case, but will blow a tempo more often if we need to set up S or D tricks.

But now I’d think again, declarer has likely a secondary C suit. Like 1624 or 1525, or even more extreme. Regarding S, either we have the A, or we are not making any trick there. Attacking D would probably be necessary in that case. The SA will not run away. If declarer’s second suit is D, rarer option but still possible, I’ve just handed the contract over, dummy being doubleton and we would have made the DK plus the two black Aces.

Tough tough tough.

Matchpoint will take me out of the brilliancy prize and I’ll lead the S2 like everyone. Some tables could be playing 4H or 4S, though.

At IMPs in an undecided match, I could try D.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users