Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

twelve hearts Since we're all worried about Philadelphia

#1 User is offline   pilowsky 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-November-05, 00:43

This hand, which may or may not turn out to be interesting, scores a 12 on the open-ended Pilowsky scale of annoyingness.

First time round, I made 4-2 for -5.8 IMP's. I saved it into my Deal archive folder "Hands I failed to make" and today brought it up onto a teaching table imagining that I'd crack it after a couple of goes.
Here are UB40 and Chrissie Hynde hamming up 'I got you Babe' in reggae time (Groundhog day style) to listen to while you think about how to go about it.
I definitely didn't: I had to try 12 times before it succumbed. Especially appropriate since punxsyphil would no doubt have got it in 1.
Here it is:
I'm sitting South - facing robots.
10 (or T) led by West.

Non legit hoc

#2 User is offline   hrothgar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Travel
    Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2020-November-05, 02:08

Interesting hand

My big worry is an early spade ruff. I think that I am going to need to win the first space

I think that I am going to draw three rounds of trump and then run the Queen of Diamonds, however, its tempting to only drawn two rounds of Trump to preserve a high heart as a late entry to dummy.
Alderaan delenda est

#3 User is offline   AL78 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge, hiking, cycling, gardening, weight training

Posted 2020-November-05, 03:42

View Posthrothgar, on 2020-November-05, 02:08, said:

Interesting hand

My big worry is an early spade ruff. I think that I am going to need to win the first space

I think that I am going to draw three rounds of trump and then run the Queen of Diamonds, however, its tempting to only drawn two rounds of Trump to preserve a high heart as a late entry to dummy.

I'd have thought the ten was most unlikely to be a singleton. That would mean East holds KQ9765 and didn't open a weak two (or three) in third seat at green vulnerability. I'd expect the ten to be top of a doubleton or maybe T9x(x).

#4 User is offline   nige1 

• 5-level belongs to me
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Poems Computers

Posted 2020-November-05, 04:56

Pilowsky 'This hand, which may or may not turn out to be interesting, scores a 12 on the open-ended Pilowsky scale of annoyingness. First time round, I made 4-2 for -5.8 IMP's. I saved it into my Deal archive folder "Hands I failed to make" and today brought it up onto a teaching table imagining that I'd crack it after a couple of goes. Here are UB40 and Chrissie Hynde hamming up 'I got you Babe' in reggae time (Groundhog day style) to listen to while you think about how to go about it. I definitely didn't: I had to try 12 times before it succumbed. Especially appropriate since punxsyphil would no doubt have got it in 1. Here it is:I'm sitting South - facing robots.10 (or T) led by West
++++++++++++++++++++
Rather than converting to 4, passing 3N is tempting with such a flat hand. In 4, my guess: win 1st trick as cheaply as possible; draw 3 rounds of trumps. ending in dummy; finesse J; hoping to lose only 3 black-suit tricks.

#5 User is offline   hrothgar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Travel
    Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2020-November-05, 05:06

View PostAL78, on 2020-November-05, 03:42, said:

I'd have thought the ten was most unlikely to be a singleton. That would mean East holds KQ9765 and didn't open a weak two (or three) in third seat at green vulnerability. I'd expect the ten to be top of a doubleton or maybe T9x(x).

Understood, but let's assume that it goes

(T) - Low - (Honor) - Low

Your probably getting a Spade back and now you're in much the same situation

I suppose that this can pay off it the bot shifts to a minor, but I'm not expecting that
Alderaan delenda est

#6 User is offline   pilowsky 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-November-05, 05:11

Well, I'm off to bed - Trumps are annoying.
Non legit hoc

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users