BBO Discussion Forums: Chat to tournament - V3 interface - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Chat to tournament - V3 interface

#1 User is offline   peterb001 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2020-October-24, 13:37

A number of our directors (me included) are having some problems with tournament not being an option for either the chat line, or from chat manager, when directing a tournament using a computer and browser Chrome or the new Chromium Edge, using V3 of the BBO interface. The TD menu option Chat to Tournament is there and works fine, so there is a workaround, though it can be a bit fiddly for a playing director. We do have 'allow players to chat to tournament' switched off. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to overcome this? Are we doing something wrong, or is there a bug?

Thanks

#2 User is offline   paulg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-October-24, 15:18

I think it is a bug, or multiple bugs.

Using the Chat Manager never seems to work when I use it to send a message to the tournament: at least there is no indication of a message being sent.

Using the chat line works for the first two or three messages but then fails silently. That is, messages appear to be sent to the tournament but are not actually received by the players, which is the worst type of failure. I often used this when looking at the list of tables, rather than actually being at a table. It has been suggested that chats to tournament sent from a table are more reliable, but I don't have confidence in this so I'm always chatting to tournament from the Director tab.
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users