Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Blocking unwanted chat

#1 User is offline   cmtmoore 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-October-27, 08:40

It's useful to be able to chat to others at your table but there's now a huge amount of other chat--constant requests for an extra player, signing off from other tables, etc etc. Is it possible to just see one's own table chat and block all the rest? I've turned off Lobby chat in Settings but this doesn't deal with it.

#2 User is offline   paulg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-October-27, 10:07

Unfortunately not, you can only block player's chat by changing your relationship with them to 'Ignore'. Which you probably don't want to do for just chat as you might be playing in the future when you want to hear what they say.

It sounds like you are playing casually in a club and what you are seeing is 'Chat to Club'. It's best to talk to the club managers in these circumstances.
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

#3 User is offline   cmtmoore 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-October-28, 05:10

View Postpaulg, on 2020-October-27, 10:07, said:

Unfortunately not, you can only block player's chat by changing your relationship with them to 'Ignore'. Which you probably don't want to do for just chat as you might be playing in the future when you want to hear what they say.

It sounds like you are playing casually in a club and what you are seeing is 'Chat to Club'. It's best to talk to the club managers in these circumstances.

Thanks. I am playing in Casual/Relaxed and will check with Club Managers.

#4 User is offline   gbb483 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2020-October-28, 09:05

Switch to using a club which has very few tables in it. I won't tell you which one I use as that might affect the situation.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users