BBO Discussion Forums: Question re IMPs - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1

Question re IMPs Scoring

#1 User is offline   Derrygirl2 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-December-14, 05:55

I wondered if someone might be able to clarify something for me about scoring on BBO. Sorry if this has been asked before but I cannot find an explanation in the discussion forum.

I understand that IMPs compare your result with how other tables played the same hand. But I don't follow how the IMPs result shown in the little box in the top left hand corner of the table differs to the total 'We' and 'They' tally given in yellow in My table in History.

This afternoon at a table with friends we used IMPs scoring, and at the end of our 18 boards the IMPs box in the top left of the table showed NS -13.2 EW 13.2. Yet in 'My Table' on the right of the screen, the yellow total at the bottom showed 'We' (i.e. NS) 25.2 and 'They' 20.6. We could not figure out who had won. What do these scores in yellow mean if they are not IMPs? They do not seem to have any correlation with the score in the little IMPs box.

And why does the score in the little IMPs box on the top left sometimes change even when you're still playing the hand?

Thanks.

#2 User is offline   couchpckrs 

• Pip

Posted 2020-December-14, 06:46

I suspect you are seeing a 'refresh' problem: Score in the icon on the table is refreshed as plays at other tables change your score. Totals on the 'my table' score sheet do not always refresh automatically, but can be refreshed anytime with your refresh button.

#3 User is offline   Derrygirl2 

• PipPip

Posted 2020-December-16, 08:06

Thanks for your reply, that explains it!

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users