Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Canada & Clubs

#1 User is offline   Sandy_Anne 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2021-January-16, 23:02

Hi, I want to know if Canada has a bridge bulletin or something similar. Also, I live in the middle of no where, I am an ACBL member, but do not belong to any particular club. Is there a way I can play on the club sections & make a few new friends to play with on BBO ? Thank you.

#2 User is offline   mcphee 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2021-January-16, 23:45

The Bridge Bulletin is published 4 times per year and as a member you should get a copy. The ACBL puts out one monthly, I forget how much dues are around $90 per year I think.

#3 User is offline   Sandy_Anne 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2021-January-17, 07:25

View Postmcphee, on 2021-January-16, 23:45, said:

The Bridge Bulletin is published 4 times per year and as a member you should get a copy. The ACBL puts out one monthly, I forget how much dues are around $90 per year I think.

I recieve the Bridge Bulletin from the ACBL already every month. I would like to get the one from Canada though as I am Canadian and have never even heard of them having one. :) I live 4 hours from the nearest bridge club ( which is annoying but we're moving next year :) :) Please contact me on BBO my name there is Sandy_Anne :) if anyone has info on how to get The Canadian Bridge Bulletin, mailing address ect. Thank you

#4 User is offline   mycroft 

• Secretary Bird
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2021-January-17, 12:02

The Canadian Bridge Federation (CBF) is a separate organization from the ACBL (well, sort of). Dues are CDN$20 a year. You can pay them with your ACBL renewal, or separately to the CBF.

Bulletins are 4 times a year, as mentioned. As a member you can read current and old bulletins on the web site.

It's a useful thing to support the CBF - they do a lot for Canadian bridge, even if the most obvious things are the international team trials (which have a B and C flights - I recommend you play it at least once! It's a taste of "top level serious" bridge that you don't get anywhere else, and there's a nice regional that goes with it). I know especially of their support for Novice programs across the country.
When I go to sea, don't fear for me, Fear For The Storm -- Birdie and the Swansong (tSCoSI)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users