Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Team Match vs Pairs Tourney

#1 User is offline   LionHeart1 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2021-February-04, 07:00

I am a TD and I am entitled to create tournaments. If I exhaust my quota by creating pair tourneys, I cannot create a team match any more, nevertheless these two events are independent from each other. Tourneys can create only authorized TDs, team matches anybody. Can this conflict be resolved?

#2 User is offline   paulg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2021-February-04, 12:20

My experience is that team games are just counted as tournaments in your directing quota. Either set up fewer tournaments, get someone else to run the team match, or convince BBO to increase your limit.
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

#3 User is offline   LionHeart1 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2021-February-05, 09:44

View Postpaulg, on 2021-February-04, 12:20, said:

My experience is that team games are just counted as tournaments in your directing quota. Either set up fewer tournaments, get someone else to run the team match, or convince BBO to increase your limit.

I know this, but it is illogical, that for a common BBO member who has no tournament creation authority, can arrange a team match, and for me, who has a limit 1, cannot, if I have already created a pairs. Fewer than 1 I cannot create, if I want to, and my application for a higher limit was refused yesterday.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users