Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Is BBO video chat being used?

#1 User is offline   paulg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2021-April-16, 07:04

There was a brief flurry of posts when BBO video chat was introduced but it has all gone silent now. Is this because everyone likes it, hates it, or is not using it?

I'm just deciding whether to promote it for the club's summer season of bridge, which is typically less competitive and friendlier than the winter season. As a club we are not bothered about the financial implications, since our TDs are free and the club is more interested in providing a better environment for the members than profit.

As I've seen no announcements, I presume that we are also still waiting for iPad support, which will improve the experience for a good number of the members. Can BBO provide a tentative schedule?

Comments welcome.

Cheers

Paul
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

#2 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2021-April-16, 16:40

View Postpaulg, on 2021-April-16, 07:04, said:

There was a brief flurry of posts when BBO video chat was introduced but it has all gone silent now. Is this because everyone likes it, hates it, or is not using it?

I'm just deciding whether to promote it for the club's summer season of bridge, which is typically less competitive and friendlier than the winter season. As a club we are not bothered about the financial implications, since our TDs are free and the club is more interested in providing a better environment for the members than profit.

As I've seen no announcements, I presume that we are also still waiting for iPad support, which will improve the experience for a good number of the members. Can BBO provide a tentative schedule?

Comments welcome.

Cheers

Paul

Video Chat works on mobile web, with some limitations: only on Chrome for Android and only on Safari for Apple devices.

We sent this notification to club managers today:
https://tinyurl.com/videochatmobileweb

#3 User is offline   paulg 

Posted 2021-April-17, 00:56

View Postdiana_eva, on 2021-April-16, 16:40, said:

Video Chat works on mobile web, with some limitations: only on Chrome for Android and only on Safari for Apple devices.

We sent this notification to club managers today:
https://tinyurl.com/videochatmobileweb

Thanks Diana.

I suspect this was sent to my NBO, who doesn't seem to believe in passing BBO information to its virtual clubs.
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

#4 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2021-April-17, 01:18

View Postpaulg, on 2021-April-17, 00:56, said:

Thanks Diana.

I suspect this was sent to my NBO, who doesn't seem to believe in passing BBO information to its virtual clubs.

We sent to the virtual clubs as well, but you're not associated with a "virtual club" in the sense of a business agreement to run an online commercial venture, so you probably did not receive it. But all vEBUxxx, cbaixxxx should have gotten it.

#5 User is offline   paulg 

Posted 2021-April-17, 02:55

My virtual club is an SBU entity, not sure how they handle things.

My club's committee will be discussing this on Monday and I expect we'll start using video chat next month. We won't want to introduce it as the (winter) season's competitions come to a climax.
The Beer Card

#6 User is offline   0 carbon 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2021-April-18, 00:27

Free tourneys have neither voice nor video. Use zoom!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users