Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Table Options N

#1 User is offline   RHDirector 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2021-May-13, 07:18

I am a new director of a small club of seniors which will play three to six tables. Physically we used a bye stand and relay Mitchell movement with four or six tables. Everyone played all of the boards for true competitive results.

I can not find any resources online that define how BBO movements accommodate this. Nor can I find any directions advising how many boards to setup for a given number of rounds.

I sincerely appreciate any help you can give me,
Bill

#2 User is offline   mycroft 

• Secretary Bird
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2021-May-13, 09:26

BBO handles this by playing the same boards at all tables in the same round, thus obviating the need for things like bye-stand/relay or web movements or distinct howell movement patterns.

Set up the game with however many rounds you want and the total number of boards you want, and BBO will make it work (playing more boards if necessary). Change the round count if need be when you know the size of the game.

If you have access to "howell" movements (not really, but potentially all-play-all) you can play 9 rounds of a 6-table game, or 5 rounds of a 3 table game, without playbacks. Check to see if that option is available to your NBO.
When I go to sea, don't fear for me, Fear For The Storm -- Birdie and the Swansong (tSCoSI)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users