BBO Discussion Forums: Convention Card - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Convention Card

#1 User is offline   Ross68 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Walks with wife & dog, spending time with friends.
    Playing Bridge live and on Line especially subbing in tournaments.

Posted 2021-June-18, 16:16

Hi. I have tried to enter my convention card on a tournament with my partner showing both of names but for some reason it does not show up.
Can someone send me a step by step on what I need to do. I would be glad to share my email with someone who could help me.
I am in Cambridge, Ont.

#2 User is offline   pilowsky 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2021-June-18, 17:36

View PostRoss68, on 2021-June-18, 16:16, said:

Hi. I have tried to enter my convention card on a tournament with my partner showing both of names but for some reason it does not show up.
Can someone send me a step by step on what I need to do. I would be glad to share my email with someone who could help me.
I am in Cambridge, Ont.

Here's a step-by-step.
https://bit.ly/ConvCardBBO

#3 User is offline   mariannekr 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2021-June-19, 11:02

I'm sorry, but that isn't enough. I have done that so many times. If you are already signed up for a tournament, and complete the convention card after registering, but before the tournament begins, the completed convention card will not show up. The only way I have been able to make the convention card show up is to de-register from the game, then invite your partner again. In my experience, this is the only way to have the c/c visible to others in the game. THIS IS NOT EXPLAINED in your instruction videos.

#4 User is online   mycroft 

• Secretary Bird
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2021-June-19, 13:29

That's a very good example for "make a new card and assign". In our experience doing ACBL tournaments, *for players who already have a card and just want to register it for their partner*, don't hit the edit button - not sure why it doesn't work for them (it's always worked for me), but what we suggest is:

- follow the guide through to Page 5 ("click the edit tab"). *Instead* of doing that, put your partner's nick in the text box next to "use with partner" and press "use with partner".
When I go to sea, don't fear for me, Fear For The Storm -- Birdie and the Swansong (tSCoSI)

#5 User is offline   pilowsky 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2021-June-20, 17:54

My understanding is that players may use only one system card per tournament and cannot alter their understandings during a tournament (unless they oppose a pair that uses highly unusual methods).
If this is true, then it may be reasonable for the tournament organisers to prevent you from being able to make changes to your card once you have registered.
I have no idea if the 'glitch' was intentional, but it seems to accord with this sentiment.

#6 User is offline   ThomasRush 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:Bridge (?), Toastmasters, wine, people, libertarianism, creating humor, teaching bridge

Posted 2021-June-20, 20:57

The "use with partner" thing seems to be important. I have seen cases where A has to do "use with partner" entering partner's BBO name, and then B has to find that card in his list of convention cards and do a "use with partner" a, for it to "stick" with the a==b partnership.
He who plants a tree affirms the future

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users