BBO Discussion Forums: Do you still need to be online to start a Howell tournament? - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Do you still need to be online to start a Howell tournament?

#1 User is online   paulg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2021-July-01, 06:34

https://blog.bridgeb...small-tourneys/

Is it still true that the host must be online when a Howell tournament starts?
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

#2 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2021-July-01, 17:16

View Postpaulg, on 2021-July-01, 06:34, said:

https://blog.bridgeb...small-tourneys/

Is it still true that the host must be online when a Howell tournament starts?

Yes, unless it's a VACB host

#3 User is online   paulg 

Posted 2021-July-02, 01:00

View Postdiana_eva, on 2021-July-01, 17:16, said:

Yes, unless it's a VACB host

Is that a virtual ACBL club?
I'm asking for an SBU Virtual Club.
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

#4 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2021-July-02, 15:40

View Postpaulg, on 2021-July-02, 01:00, said:

Is that a virtual ACBL club?
I'm asking for an SBU Virtual Club.

It's virtual ACBL Clubs. These accounts have been implemented a bit differently from the rest (some hardcoded features for example) which is why they have other expected behaviour for some settings and features.

I don't recall right now why the howell host has to be online (probably because when user is offline the system cannot "read" whether it has howell access or not), but we'll check what it would take to remove this limitation.

#5 User is online   paulg 

Posted 2021-July-03, 01:29

View Postdiana_eva, on 2021-July-02, 15:40, said:

It's virtual ACBL Clubs. These accounts have been implemented a bit differently from the rest (some hardcoded features for example) which is why they have other expected behaviour for some settings and features.

I don't recall right now why the howell host has to be online (probably because when user is offline the system cannot "read" whether it has howell access or not), but we'll check what it would take to remove this limitation.

Thanks.

I'm interested as small virtual clubs would like to share unpaid directors as their tournaments are easy to manage and it would reduce the directors needed. For example, if SBU_E_BER and SBU_E_PEB were running tournaments on the same night, then each could set up their own event (so money goes into the right pot), SBU_E_BER could direct both events and allow the PEB director to play under their regular username (the SBU does not permit playing directors).

Otherwise SBU_E_PEB would need to be online with two usernames at the start and I don't want to publicise how to do this.
The Beer Card

#6 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2021-July-03, 03:09

View Postpaulg, on 2021-July-03, 01:29, said:

Thanks.

I'm interested as small virtual clubs would like to share unpaid directors as their tournaments are easy to manage and it would reduce the directors needed. For example, if SBU_E_BER and SBU_E_PEB were running tournaments on the same night, then each could set up their own event (so money goes into the right pot), SBU_E_BER could direct both events and allow the PEB director to play under their regular username (the SBU does not permit playing directors).

Otherwise SBU_E_PEB would need to be online with two usernames at the start and I don't want to publicise how to do this.

We can help with this actually. It is common for tournament hosts to need multiple logins permissions. Let's follow-up via email.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users