BBO Discussion Forums: It's like being at a sales meeting with an overexuberant junior - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

It's like being at a sales meeting with an overexuberant junior

#1 User is online   thepossum 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2021-November-03, 01:31

I have a hand to post.
It's rather embarrassing

Imagine the scene. Sitting at some high powered sales meeting.

You have a few misunderstandings with your strange colleague but miraculously they bid the perfect contract. Makeable, top.

The competitors are competitive and preemptive so you double for your partner to say what they have to offer and you are happy but want them to shut up after that.

You pass, happy with the outcome only for them to start competing in an impossible contract when a competitor interferes

You try desperately to escape the disastrous enthusiastic junior bid by bidding what they had. Another possibly makeable better contract

But they take your escape attempt as a cue and keep going in a different direction with something you aren't strong in

You decide not to risk another cue and risk enormous penalties

When the cards come down you just throw in your hand and walk away

Oops here is the hand. You always feel guilty like it was your fault. But upon review I don't think my bidding was that bad. In my book double followed by pass is agreement or at least being reasonably happy etc

Fortunately me and GiB are not in business together

#2 User is offline   LBengtsson 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2021-November-03, 04:41

I am not all familiar with GIB bidding, but why 4 instead of 3??? given the bidding I would pull 5 to 6. partner turns up with Kxxx xx Kxxxx xx and 6 is possible. I certainly would not leave contract in your short suit s. I guess that GIB then bids 6 after 6 :o

agree. more a hand that frustrates than any embarrassment.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users