BBO Discussion Forums: Scores are lost after logging in again - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Scores are lost after logging in again

#1 User is offline   Desert1Man 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2022-February-19, 00:28

Hi,

I'm fairly new to Bridge and new to BBO. I'm playing here mostly in the Solitaire section since a couple of days. Whenever I log in again, my (not very impressive) score from the previous session is gone and I start fresh from nothing.

At the same time I see in the right pane above my name many other names from other members with their - usually very high - score. The fact that their scores are so high can only mean that they keep their score between session, or they have not logged out or shut down their computers since many months if not years.

Why am I loosing my score and others not?

Thanks and cheers.

#2 User is offline   smerriman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2022-February-19, 02:11

It works the same for everyone. The leaderboard is reset daily, but you have to play in a single session to retain your score.

Note that if you're simply wanting to get a high score quickly, you shouldn't play 'normal bridge' - as you're guaranteed the best hand on each deal, you can pass out a lot of lower range opening hands so that you can prioritise ones where game/slam are on. There's no point spending a few minutes playing out a hand where all you're going to achieve is +100 on a part score, when you could have passed it out to get +620 on a vulnerable game next hand.

With another format of the game - the paid Robot Reward games - the all-time best scores are over 10000 in just 15 minutes of play. This isn't quite the same as here (if robots become declarer there, they play the hand for you, much quicker than you can, while here you have to play), but it goes to show how quickly you can rack up points.

Obviously, I'm not recommending you do this when new to bridge - best to concentrate on the bidding and play for each hand and forget the leaderboard. (If you're looking for a game where the leaderboard is more correlated with skill level, the duplicate games will be more appropriate.)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users