• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

correct bidding what to bid

#21 User is offline   johnu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2022-May-31, 17:55

View Postmikeh, on 2022-May-31, 09:37, said:

Why BBO has never seriously upgraded the robots to a better method puzzles me. Sure, doing so would cost money and maybe they don’t see any monetary value sufficient to offset the cost.

BBO merged with Funbridge several years ago, and Funbridge has a robot called Argine. Argine is newer than GIB, but I've never played with Argine so I don't know if it is "better" than GIB. IIRC some people have claimed Argine is better, but YMMV.

Who knows if Argine is still under development, clearly nobody is really working on improving GIB these days. In any case, integrating a different robot into BBO may be a major undertaking which may tie BBO into continuing to use GIB even if there are better alternatives.

#22 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2022-June-02, 15:02

View Postjohnu, on 2022-May-31, 17:55, said:

BBO merged with Funbridge several years ago, and Funbridge has a robot called Argine. Argine is newer than GIB, but I've never played with Argine so I don't know if it is "better" than GIB. IIRC some people have claimed Argine is better, but YMMV.

Who knows if Argine is still under development, clearly nobody is really working on improving GIB these days. In any case, integrating a different robot into BBO may be a major undertaking which may tie BBO into continuing to use GIB even if there are better alternatives.

I've played with Argine in the past and can confirm that it is better, in particular if you stick to SEF (it can bid outside that to some extent).
It's not my understanding that 52 Entertainment (the holding of BBO, Funbridge etc) is developing Argine.
In 2020 they also acquired BridgeBaron which is accredited with a better robot than Argine, but again nothing has happened.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users