BBO Discussion Forums: Unable to select desired card - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Unable to select desired card System sometimes refuses to allow the mouse to select a particular car

#1 User is offline   ipwatcher 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2022-June-24, 05:10

On several occasions over the last 3 weeks, the system has not accepted a mouse click on the extreme right of the display. Playing South for example, with the cards arranged as normal across the bottom of the screen, the Q32 of Diamonds was showing on my extreme right. I wanted to play the 2 of Ds, but the mouse click wouldn't take. I changed computers and mice with the same result and the phenomenon has happened on both my laptop and my desktop. It's disconcerting.
While playing in an event last night as declarer sitting S, I had a D lead and I held Q3 in hand and Kxx on table. I played low and the AD appeared from E. I therefore wanted to play the 3 but, as above, the selection was ignored. The director was called and he replaced me with a robot while I changed computers. It didn't really help because the problem occurred again later in the event.
It's an intermittent problem but it now occurs regularly. Any ideas??
Ipwatcher

#2 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2022-June-24, 15:08

It would be useful to provide OS, browser and screen settings/capabilities.
As a bypass while fixing things you could try Hand Diagram mode.

#3 User is offline   ipwatcher 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2022-June-26, 12:35

Hi
Thanks for responding. The problem first occurred on my Microsoft Surface Pro 7 (64bit) running Windows 11 on an i5 processor with 16GB ram and using a Microsoft Surface Mouse. The problem stayed when I switched to the mouse pad on the keyboard and when I attached a cable-linked mouse. I also experienced the problem on my desktop, running Windows 11 (64bit) on a i7 processor with 32GB ram and running an Nvidia GeForce RTX2060 Super graphics card outputting to a 24inch Dell monitor. I use a Razer Mouse and keyboard set with my desktop.

I hope this is the information you need.

Ipwatcher

#4 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2022-June-27, 06:58

It's useful information but I think the browser and screen settings would be useful too.
I've never encountered the problem you describe, nor have others I know who play regularly using Chrome and 'picture of cards' setting rather than 'hand diagram'.

#5 User is offline   LionHeart1 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2022-June-30, 08:29

Try to decrease the zooming factor of the browser. Perhaps it helps.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users