Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Protocol problem Unable to connect to BBO

#1 User is offline   leesteve 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2022-July-05, 02:49

My laptop has some security restrictions and I am therefore unable to connect to BBO. The message varies depending on the browser. For instance with chrome the message say “ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH” I assume something should be updated at the BBO end to make this work. I have up to date browser versions of chrome, Firefox and Edge and I can connect to most other websites.

#2 User is offline   pilowsky 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2022-July-05, 06:14

View Postleesteve, on 2022-July-05, 02:49, said:

My laptop has some security restrictions and I am therefore unable to connect to BBO. The message varies depending on the browser. For instance with chrome the message say "ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH" I assume something should be updated at the BBO end to make this work. I have up to date browser versions of chrome, Firefox and Edge and I can connect to most other websites.

Did you google it and try the suggested fixes?
Non legit hoc

#3 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2022-July-05, 10:38

What kind of security restrictions do you have? Our security certificates should be up to date, and no one else is reporting SSL problems.

Chrome does display "!" next to the site name because we don't use SSL for the images. But that shouldn't cause a total connection failure.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users