BBO Discussion Forums: One of a few sad hands in a sad toruney - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

One of a few sad hands in a sad toruney Not all down to me

#1 User is offline   thepossum 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2022-November-27, 03:29

Hi all

I had a rather disastrous MP tourney recently. Some of which I could readily put down to my own tiredeness, ambitious or random psychic bids

This one, I was not alone. I blamed myself for my almost 0%. When I looked my lead, while maybe being unusual was not the problem

Maybe I should have led the Jack but no same problem for someone else to bid like me and actually led the Jack

Was finessing the Queen by North the percentage play? I have 5. North has 5 etc

I do own most of my bad scores as you know

It was a bad tourney. I considered going for all out bottom but I am up against better players

I actually went for 0% on another hand where I rather ambitiously misbid (-2300). But no. There was someone much better than me whole stole my 0%

If you think I am joking about the quality of my opposition in another tourney where I thought I wasn't doing well an expert after a bad bid by Gib managed to engineer and play 6 bottoms in a row. That is the quality of my opposition

#2 User is offline   smerriman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2022-November-29, 15:52

GIB expects *much* better hearts for a 2 bid.

100% of simulated hands it gives you KJT963, so the ace and queen are always equivalent. It appears to prefer lowest of equals, so always plays the Q.

Even when it adds some variation to allow you to stray slightly from your bid, it considers hands without the K too far removed to include them.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users