BBO Discussion Forums: Robot Tournaments give too many Masterpoints - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Robot Tournaments give too many Masterpoints

#1 User is offline   riverwalk3 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2023-March-08, 14:13

I've noticed that in robot ACBL tournaments I can easily get 15 masterpoints per day if I play the whole day, or about 1 per hour. In clubs (live or virtual), the games often last 3 hours, and I struggle to average half a masterpoint per game. Robot tournaments are thus also more cost effective than clubs (since I probably get about half a masterpoint per game, which costs $1.70, or about $3 per masterpoint, while a club game easily costs $5 for only half a masterpoint, or about $10 per masterpoint). Even SYC tournaments (which I average a little over 1 masterpoint per tournament and a tournament takes about 20-25 minutes for me) are more cost efficient than clubs, and much less time consuming to earn the same amount of masterpoints.

The BBO daylongs (though not ACBL points) are even more efficient in terms of the amounts of points you get per game; most people with rank 10+ probably got them from daylongs. Doing well on the Zenith Daylong for example earns you 20+ (though the other daylongs also give ridiculous amounts), and if you have a good run you can get 50 masterpoints in 1 day.

#2 User is offline   pilowsky 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2023-March-08, 14:48

And at the end of the day, what do you have? More masterpoints and no money for coffee.
They aren't a tradeable commodity.
Fortuna Fortis Felix

#3 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2023-March-08, 16:50

There's a built-in limit in how much you can earn this way -- you're limited to 2 ACBL tournaments per hour.

The Masterpoint payout rate is set by ACBL, not BBO. So if you want to rant, you should send to editor@acbl.org.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users