BBO Discussion Forums: Bridge without bidding.. - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bridge without bidding.. Created to teach the basics but a good game in its own right.

#1 User is offline   carl3 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2024-February-27, 06:23

At My link you will find a very good game to use when you are only three and want to play "something bridgelike". The game has a special way to score adapted to the situation when there are 3 players. It has taken many years of playing to get this right so don't change it! Based on statistics from great many hands played by good players the probabillity of contracts making (both in NT and suit) is around 50%. This is a good thing if you play for a stake which is recommeded. 3 SK a point is how we play but that is up to you. If beginners
are included they don't have to pay (at least not from the start.) Many of my friends have started with bridge thanks to this game. It is much easier to understand bidding whem you have some idea of how to play the cards. If anything in the rules is unclear just ask me

#2 User is offline   carl3 

• PipPip

Posted 2024-February-27, 07:02

The link is https://people.kth.s...nr/article7.htm

#3 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2024-February-28, 10:48

This is your third thread to push the same thing on this forum alone?

I think everyone formed their own idea by now.

#4 User is offline   carl3 

• PipPip

Posted 2024-February-29, 11:40

How many of my 118 viewers have tried the game? Probably none. But WHY? It is perfectly playable and works fine. All the Best. Carl PS If you omit the 7 from the adress to the game you arrive at an old version of it where there is both an example and an explanation why the game works at all. I am definitely not trying to spread this game for my own sake but for the sake of BRIDGE.

#5 User is offline   jillybean 

• hooked
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Multi

Posted 2024-February-29, 13:02

Since you are not having the desired result from readers here you may want to revisit your target audience and marketing strategy.

Good luck 😃
"And no matter what methods you play, it is essential, for anyone aspiring to learn to be a good player, to learn the importance of bidding shape properly." MikeH
(still learning)

#6 User is offline   carl3 

• PipPip

Posted 2024-February-29, 14:08

View Postjillybean, on 2024-February-29, 13:02, said:

Since you are not having the desired result from readers here you may want to revisit your target audience and marketing strategy.

Good luck 😃

Yes you may be right but why is it so that a good "helpgame" to bridge is receieved with so little response? Bridge is dying and many small bridgeclubs at least in Sweden
are dying as well. And Mini-Bridge is definitely not the solution. All the best! Carl

#7 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2024-February-29, 16:27

View Postcarl3, on 2024-February-29, 14:08, said:

Yes you may be right but why is it so that a good "helpgame" to bridge is receieved with so little response? Bridge is dying and many small bridgeclubs at least in Sweden
are dying as well. And Mini-Bridge is definitely not the solution. All the best! Carl

I think the reasons bridge is dying are obvious and the limited space for resuscitation is clear: simpler rules (and you get this right, although your proposal is neither a valid replacement for the auction nor a great teaching tool, IMO) and an app that is clear and visually pleasing and offers play more or less on demand of an individual.
So instead of spamming the forums ad nauseam I suggest you decide on either a simplified alternative to bridge or a teaching tool for bridge, then write the app :)

#8 User is online   thepossum 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2024-February-29, 19:15

Anyone want to help me with my portable bridge bot project?
Simple spec for the bot, the ability to deal, read and play cards, and bid several systems (programmable of course) at a decent level
Be small enough to carry at least 2 in a small elegant case
I'm surprised no enterprising person hasn't built one :)
I imagine it could just be one central bot - but I like the idea of 2 friendly little bots as opps
I reckon it would be simple using existing technology

I hate to sound negative about the OP's proposal but I like to play Bridge

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users