Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New! Automatic Login on BBO New update

#1 User is offline   ASC87 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2024-May-30, 06:16

Am I the only one super relieved, or was it a problem faced by many?

Reference: https://news.bridgeb...=web&v3v=6.24.2

#2 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2024-May-30, 13:12

View PostASC87, on 2024-May-30, 06:16, said:

Am I the only one super relieved, or was it a problem faced by many?

Reference: https://news.bridgeb...=web&v3v=6.24.2

It was never a problem, but the new logic seems an improvement all the same.

Every now and then BBO does surprise us with something sensible and original, like the fact that logging on with a new device closes and inherits the session previously active on another device.

#3 User is offline   smerriman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2024-May-30, 15:49

View Postpescetom, on 2024-May-30, 13:12, said:

It was never a problem, but the new logic seems an improvement all the same.

Did you miss the sarcasm :) This does not seem like an improvement to me; indeed quite the opposite as there is a critical issue - if you last logged in as 'visible' and want to log in as 'invisible' so people who follow you don't see you log in, that is now impossible (it automatically logs you in as visible to notify everyone, after which it's a bit too late to log out and check invisible).

Hopefully this 'improvement' can be reverted soon.

(Add that to the fact that even if it didn't have this major issue, all it does is save me a few milliseconds from clicking a button; the time implementing this could have been used elsewhere..)

#4 User is offline   Bddha 

• Pip

Posted 2024-May-30, 16:37

I would like to have the option to sign in anonymously or not. Also excessive logins will exaggerate (negatively) your skill as a bridge player. For example a gold "ten" may be impressive, but if you have logged in 8000 times, that gold 10 is not worth as much to a person looking for a good partner!

#5 User is offline   pilowsky 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2024-May-30, 18:08

View PostBddha, on 2024-May-30, 16:37, said:

I would like to have the option to sign in anonymously or not. Also excessive logins will exaggerate (negatively) your skill as a bridge player. For example a gold "ten" may be impressive, but if you have logged in 8000 times, that gold 10 is not worth as much to a person looking for a good partner!

The gold relates to how much you had to pay. Not the skill level.
Non legit hoc

#6 User is offline   ASC87 

• PipPip

Posted 2024-May-30, 19:08

Oh no! Didnt realise this!!

View Postsmerriman, on 2024-May-30, 15:49, said:

Did you miss the sarcasm :) This does not seem like an improvement to me; indeed quite the opposite as there is a critical issue - if you last logged in as 'visible' and want to log in as 'invisible' so people who follow you don't see you log in, that is now impossible (it automatically logs you in as visible to notify everyone, after which it's a bit too late to log out and check invisible).

Hopefully this 'improvement' can be reverted soon.

(Add that to the fact that even if it didn't have this major issue, all it does is save me a few milliseconds from clicking a button; the time implementing this could have been used elsewhere..)

#7 User is offline   lindalizj 

• Pip

Posted 2024-June-01, 17:44

I also would like to have the choice to log in anonymously. Not an improvement for me.

#8 User is offline   harikannan 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2024-June-02, 01:38

"Hopefully this 'improvement' can be reverted soon."

It is a cruel joke by the BBO to waste time on 'improvements' no one wanted and advertise it, while ignoring repeated and sensible demands for years.

#9 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2024-June-02, 01:51

If you use the Log off button, to close your BBO session, instead of simply closing the app or the browser without signing off, you will stay on the login screen, where you can change your visibility settings. If you Log off every time you leave BBO, you will never be logged back in automatically.

This is an improvement for:

- players who simply x their browser to leave
- players who tabbed away in another tab and got disconnected
- players who lost connection

It is an improvement for interruptions of the bridge sessions. If you sign off your account, like for example you do with gmail when you want to change your credentials, then BBO honors this -- Log off will log you off and no longer log you back in unless you click the Login button.

#10 User is offline   smerriman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2024-June-14, 21:08

Another bug - if you leave BBO without clicking log out (so that it will attempt to automatically log in next time), then go to the BBO homepage and click the anonymous IMP or MP game, everything breaks. (It shows the Explore BBO screen like it thinks you've logged in, but with no option to play, and if you click the Log out button it logs you out of this anonymous user, then a split second later logs you straight back in again with the same problem.)

#11 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2024-June-15, 04:27

View Postsmerriman, on 2024-June-14, 21:08, said:

Another bug - if you leave BBO without clicking log out (so that it will attempt to automatically log in next time), then go to the BBO homepage and click the anonymous IMP or MP game, everything breaks. (It shows the Explore BBO screen like it thinks you've logged in, but with no option to play, and if you click the Log out button it logs you out of this anonymous user, then a split second later logs you straight back in again with the same problem.)

Thank you. We noticed this as well (happens for watching Vugraph anonymously too). It will be fixed with the next update.

#12 User is offline   cherdano 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2024-June-16, 00:11

I absolutely hate this new feature. Can't remember when I last hated a new feature at any website as much.

BBO should instead try to fix the bugs causing so many disconnections. I lose connection to BBO frequently on the same internet setup with which I can play bullet chess with no issues.
The easiest way to count losers is to line up the people who talk about loser count, and count them. -Kieran Dyke

#13 User is offline   cherdano 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2024-June-16, 00:32

Quite funny that my post appeared 3 times because of connection problems to the BBF server...
The easiest way to count losers is to line up the people who talk about loser count, and count them. -Kieran Dyke

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users