BBO Discussion Forums: Who thinks BBO forums have gone down hill - BBO Discussion Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Who thinks BBO forums have gone down hill

Poll: Since the introduction of the Water Cooler, do you think BBO Forums has declined (46 member(s) have cast votes)

Since the introduction of the Water Cooler, do you think BBO Forums has declined

1. YES (23 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. NO (21 votes [45.65%])

Percentage of vote: 45.65%

3. YES I would like to explain my reason below (2 votes [4.35%])

Percentage of vote: 4.35%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 User is offline   jonottawa 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2011-August-25, 14:53

At the risk of posting in a necro thread:

I enjoyed BBO forums (ESPECIALLY the water cooler) when rules were enforced impartially and when opinions could be expressed freely (the 'we didn't vote for bush' thread was one of my favorite online discussions anywhere.) I'm a big believer that the reason our society is falling apart is that those with unpopular opinions have been marginalized (Ron Paul, for instance.) If people can't take a little 'rough and tumble' in their online disagreements, they shouldn't participate. Instead, they go crying to the mods, who in many cases are incapable of acting (or unwilling to act) objectively. I'm a big believer in being polite (particularly to opponents, I don't always manage (in spite of best intentions) exemplary behavior towards partner) at the table and being able to disagree violently away from the table and curiously, BBO seems to adopt precisely the opposite approach.

Are forums calmer and more sedate this way? Sure. But so is a nursing home. But I assume Fred likes it that way and there's no particular reason that BBOF must be about anything other than bridge.
"Maybe we should all get together and buy Kaitlyn a box set of "All in the Family" for Chanukah. Archie didn't think he was a racist, the problem was with all the chinks, dagos, niggers, kikes, etc. ruining the country." ~ barmar

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

4 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users