• Group: Full Members

Posted 2013-July-04, 08:14

IMPs against up and coming opponents.

Lead is the C6.

Plan the play!

#2 User is offline   Hanoi5 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Bridge, Video Games, Languages, Travelling.

Posted 2013-July-04, 09:02

AKx to the Jack. If I've survived all these I'll try throwing hearts on the clubs.

wyman, on 2012-May-04, 09:48, said:

Also, he rates to not have a heart void when he leads the 3.

rbforster, on 2012-May-20, 21:04, said:

Besides playing for fun, most people also like to play bridge to win

My YouTube Channel

#3 User is offline   IVAN CY LO 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-July-15, 01:41

My sense told me that HA is on-site because the weak jump. But DK may not be on-site, SAQ may be split honor and looks like South holding Q.

Take with CA, small towards HK, finesse the SQ by ST.

#4 User is offline   Zelandakh 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-July-15, 07:03

You think that when someone makes a vulnerable jump overcall in hearts, they are more likely to have the K than the A?
(-: Zel :-)

#5 User is offline   IVAN CY LO 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-July-16, 03:32

View PostZelandakh, on 2013-July-15, 07:03, said:

You think that when someone makes a vulnerable jump overcall in hearts, they are more likely to have the K than the A?

If he really holds A, why the lead was club? What types of hand and quality of H should overcall 1H in vul? And what types of hand and quality of H should overcall 2H in vul and claim as weak?

If he holds A, the lead was club, be careful that the lead was signleton but it seems not likely to happen (16 cards in spade and diamond, 10 out of 26 in opps. hand has filled in diamond and spade). If one holds singelton club, means south is somehow 2 suiters hand, may be 1-6-0-6 or 0-6-1-6 or 1-5-1-6 or 2-5-0-6, which is unlikely to happen because north will be 2 suiters in spade and diamond also.

My sense told me that after such competing bids but they don't lead their suit, usually the players leading is holding that suit A.

#6 User is offline   Zelandakh 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-July-16, 03:43

View PostIVAN CY LO, on 2013-July-16, 03:32, said:

My sense told me that after such competing bids but they don't lead their suit, usually the players leading is holding that suit A.

I think you are getting confused somewhere. South made the overcall and South made the opening lead. A onside (NB: not on-site) would mean that it was with North. K not onside would mean that it was with South. It is possible that there is a language issue here and you mean the opposite of what you wrote but in that case the line proposed makes no sense.
(-: Zel :-)

#7 User is offline   IVAN CY LO 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-July-16, 08:44

View PostZelandakh, on 2013-July-16, 03:43, said:

I think you are getting confused somewhere. South made the overcall and South made the opening lead. A onside (NB: not on-site) would mean that it was with North. K not onside would mean that it was with South. It is possible that there is a language issue here and you mean the opposite of what you wrote but in that case the line proposed makes no sense.

Thx for correction, I switch the declarer position as I were wrong.

In this lead from South C6, my line will be cash CAK, take the DA to hand, CQ pitch a H. I can afford to loss 1H trick but not 2. If club 3-4 breaks, good luck to me, and finesse spade Q by S10. I has high confidence that south holding the SQ instead of A if he holds either honor in spade and wish lossing 1 trick in diamond, 1 trick in H and 1 trick in spade.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users