BBO Discussion Forums: Double fit, red vs white. Pull partner's double? - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Double fit, red vs white. Pull partner's double?

#1 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2014-December-27, 05:42

Yet another random game on BBO. IMPs.

Pass or pull? If you pull, what's your choice?

#2 User is offline   ahydra 

• AQT92 AQ --- QJ6532
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-December-27, 07:25

Given we've done nothing but pass, surely partner won't double unless he thinks he can set it, e.g. three cashing aces? I'd leave it in - it may be that +100 is par.

ahydra

#3 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-December-27, 07:46

View Postahydra, on 2014-December-27, 07:25, said:

Given we've done nothing but pass, surely partner won't double unless he thinks he can set it, e.g. three cashing aces? I'd leave it in - it may be that +100 is par.

ahydra

On the other hand pd bid 2 suits at 5 level vulnerable vs a pd who has been passing, and I have fit for both, one of them being KTxxx.

If I pull I am of course bidding 6. And that is probably what I would do at the table.
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#4 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2014-December-27, 08:06

ahydra

He may think he has 3 cashing aces, but looking at our massive fit, aren't you worried his aces aren't cashing after all?

#5 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member

Posted 2014-December-27, 08:35

View Postdiana_eva, on 2014-December-27, 08:06, said:

He may think he has 3 cashing aces, but looking at our massive fit, aren't you worried his aces aren't cashing after all?

I'd be more worried about missing slam. It depends on how much wasted honors pd has. I expect him to hold at least 6-5. With 7-4 or 6-4 he could bid 4 NT.

x A AKxxxx AJxxx probably cold slam
x A KQJxxx AQJxx maybe he would not double, idk.

In some hands he may hold a spade void.
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#6 User is offline   wank 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-December-27, 08:46

ahydra

double isn't penalties lol

it's very obvious to bid. my defence is negative [length opposite partner's high cards] and that length and club holding is enormous for partner.

i expect 6c to be on a finesse at worst.

#7 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member

Posted 2014-December-27, 09:00

Who knows what dbl is for. May he be asking for a lead when opponents have a hidden 6-5 or 7-4 fit? I doubt it though.

#8 User is offline   PhilKing 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-December-27, 09:11

Pass could be right, but in my view that is wild and gambling.

For me, 6 is clear. Whilst it is not unlikely that both contracts are one off, there is a pretty big chance that either they make, we make or both.

#9 User is offline   Manastorm 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2014-December-27, 10:40

I would try 6 also. I am not sure what 5NT would be, but I think an ace or void somewhere would be nice. However I am not sure how I passed it once, so hard to say. On second thought I guess an ace or void is out of question. I think the sequence could be replicated up to the last double with many hands, but as things are partner confirmed he has lots of values and cant let go. x Ax AKxxx AQxxx is quite weak and we can make 6, shuffle abit we dont make 6. If I give a magnificent hand like - AK, AKQxxx, AJxxx, should he open 2 already, not bid 5, but 4NT or would he even double 5? Hard to say, but I feel there are more reasons to bid than pass. More I think partner could have more I consider 5NT and more unbelievable partner's hand becomes.

#10 User is offline   eagles123 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Crystal Palace

Posted 2014-December-27, 10:43

We have a huge hand bidding seems super clear
"definitely that's what I like to play when I'm playing standard - I want to be able to bid diamonds because bidding good suits is important in bridge" - Meckstroth's opinion on weak 2 diamond

#11 User is offline   whereagles 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Everything!

Posted 2014-December-27, 13:52

It's a huge double fit. I'll pull.

#12 User is offline   SteveMoe 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Family, Travel, Bridge Tournaments and Writing. Youth Bridge

Posted 2014-December-27, 14:13

Pull, concerned they will find a making slam in their massive two suit Majors fit. Will bid 6 hoping to avoid a ruff in a contract.
Be the partner you want to play with.
Trust demands integrity, balance and collaboration.
District 11
Unit 124
Steve Moese

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users