BBO Discussion Forums: Shortcomings still in HTML5 version - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Shortcomings still in HTML5 version

#1 User is offline   nob turner 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-March-05, 20:37

There are still some issues with the HTML5 version of BBO. I'm surprised these haven't been addressed yet:

1. When starting a casual table and inviting players, the auto-complete function searches my entire friends list. The Flash version would only show me members of the list who were online. That was smart. Why did that go away?

2. When starting that casual table, the ONE name that won't auto-complete is my own! Again, in the Flash version that would auto-complete. I can't fathom why that doesn't occur any more.

3. When a player leaves my table, I sometimes want to know if they've gone offline, or to another table. But regardless, the system tells me they are playing at my table. That's clearly not true. And this remains what the system shows me for a couple of hands' duration.

I hope that the system programmer can update these functions.

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-March-06, 10:02

View Postnob turner, on 2020-March-05, 20:37, said:

There are still some issues with the HTML5 version of BBO. I'm surprised these haven't been addressed yet:

1. When starting a casual table and inviting players, the auto-complete function searches my entire friends list. The Flash version would only show me members of the list who were online. That was smart. Why did that go away?

I'm not sure if it was intentional, but it's pretty common to reserve seats for your friends while waiting for them to login. When they login they'll be told that a seat is reserved for them and they can be teleported to it immediately.

#3 User is offline   nob turner 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-March-07, 12:13

that's probably the exception rather than the rule.

a couple more things:

creating a table, chat defaults to sending to kibitzers. how often is that what you want?

the system used to remember my preferences when creating a table. now i have to enter them all if they aren't the system's default.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users