Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

When tournaments expire addition suggestion

#1 User is offline   pilowsky 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-July-14, 22:33

Thank you for the change to declutter the tournament structure today. It is much easier to navigate.
Something else that would be really helpful to me would be a countdown clock in hrs:mins (just above Register in the screenshot would be perfect!). This is a much easier way for me to see how much time I have to play the tournament and decide whether or not to enter. Even better would be to express it in "boards/min".
This would be similar to what is done at the supermarket. After all, A tournament is a perishable commodity.
Finally, Even if I go over time and cannot be included in the final scoring, is there any reason why I can't still play the hands I'm dealt? Since I've paid for them?

Posted Image
Non legit hoc

#2 User is offline   PhilG007 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:Occasional chess player. Dominoes

Posted 2020-July-16, 03:20

View Postpilowsky, on 2020-July-14, 22:33, said:

Thank you for the change to declutter the tournament structure today. It is much easier to navigate.
Something else that would be really helpful to me would be a countdown clock in hrs:mins (just above Register in the screenshot would be perfect!). This is a much easier way for me to see how much time I have to play the tournament and decide whether or not to enter. Even better would be to express it in "boards/min".
This would be similar to what is done at the supermarket. After all, A tournament is a perishable commodity.
Finally, Even if I go over time and cannot be included in the final scoring, is there any reason why I can't still play the hands I'm dealt? Since I've paid for them?

Posted Image

A countdown in hours and minutes is already in place The final 30 seconds showing as < before the time lapse.
"It is not enough to be a good player, you must also play well"
- Dr Tarrasch(1862-1934)German Chess Grandmaster

Bridge is a game where you have two opponents...and often three(!)

"Any palooka can take tricks with Aces and Kings; the true expert shows his prowess
by how he handles the two's and three's" - Mollo's Hideous Hog

#3 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-July-19, 18:16

View PostPhilG007, on 2020-July-16, 03:20, said:

A countdown in hours and minutes is already in place The final 30 seconds showing as < before the time lapse.

I think you're talking about the start time of live tournaments, not the expiration time of daylong tourneys.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users