Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Reserve your seats please!

#1 User is offline   Whisty709 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2021-March-27, 08:12

Folks, a friendly ask: If you are creating a table and have three others already joining you, then please set the table so that the seats are reserved/locked so that your friends need permission to join. In the past few weeks I have joined many dozen tables, only to be booted out, most often without an explanation. It's rude, and its not very welcoming to new bridge players. Please take a moment to lock your seats, and even consider using a description too: "Reserved for other players".

Easy, and people don't waste time trying to find tables to play with. Last week I literally spent over an hour, joined about two dozen tables, only to finally find a table of welcoming folks well after an hour had passed.

Please consider this. Many thanks.

#2 User is offline   Harriman S 

• PipPip

Posted 2021-March-27, 13:18

There is way to many rude players here at BBO.

#3 User is offline   Whisty709 

• Pip

Posted 2021-March-28, 07:28

It's brutal to be honest. I join tables, ask politely if I may join, and poof I am booted out. I think BBO should have it set such that when you create a table, the seats are reserved by default. Yesterday was the same, I spent over an hour trying to join tables. The solution it seems would be for me to create my own table, but with my name starting with "W" I am often near the bottom of the list and I'm guessing most people won't scroll down too far and thus no one joins my tables. The good news is some folks are very polite and friendly and I seemed to have made a few BBO 'friends' so hopefully over time I will spend less time being rudely booted by people too lazy to set their seats to reserved.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users