• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

4th category tournament list

#1 User is offline   DJNeill 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:current events, long-distance cycling

Posted 2022-February-05, 08:56

Pending category includes those that are ongoing. Have a "play now" category.

Pending implies "going to start sometime soon, take a look". I never play in ongoing, but I definitely don't like scrolling every time (yes you can filter) to find the ones that have a definite start time (can't join late, time is important, scrolling takes away the time).

But if I did play ongoing, I would feel like "pending" is a bit of a misnomer too, and my screen may be cleaner if it just had my ongoing ones I was interested in.

Or, a clean break in the two types on the Pending page would help a lot too (or a toggle filter). This could be accomplished with just inserting two blank lines between the two, so it would catch ones eyes when scrolling.

#2 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2022-February-05, 11:12

There are separate columns for Pending and Running. The only ongoing tournaments that I see under Pending are a few (very few) individual tournaments hosted by BBO which I imagine have the unusual characteristic that one can enter after the start, they are always at the very top and they are clearly indicated as 'Running' in the start time column.

There are plenty of issues with the Pending tournaments view (for instance it shows tournaments you are not authorised to enter) but I don't think this is one: maybe I'm missing something.

#3 User is offline   llloyd49 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2022-February-06, 13:06

I am loosing my connection while playing 4 fast boards. Is this my bad or yours?

#4 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2022-February-07, 16:33

The 3 categories were designed for live tournaments. When we added daylong tournaments, we didn't think it was necessary to add new categories, we just shoehorned them into the existing categories.

So for daylongs, Pending contains both tournaments you haven't registered for, and tournaments you've registered for but haven't finished playing; i.e. they're tournaments you could potentially play in (assuming you're eligible). Complete contains tournaments you've finished playing, and tournaments whose expiration time has been reached (whether or not you were eligible or registered).

Daylong tournaments never appear in Running.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users