Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Addition to Tournament Results

#1 User is offline   jdiana 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2022-May-18, 07:08

I'd like to see some additions to tournament results that would make it easier for players to diagnose where they went wrong. For example, when I click on "Other Tables", it would be nice to have a column showing the lead at each table, have the rows where the auction was the same as at my table be highlighted, and let me sort those rows to the top (and, of course, re-sort them back to the default).

I'm sure others have additional suggestions, but the idea is to give information "at a glance" or with a simple click or two, before analyzing a particular hand in detail.

#2 User is offline   tomh42 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2022-May-19, 01:26

Great ideas, and please could you look into supporting my favorite way to review the hands at the end of a tournament (or explain how to do it if it is already possible): I like to look at the "All tables" view of (e.g.) board 1 and then move on to the "all tables" view of board 2. The only way I have found to do that is to return to the "My table" view, select the new board and take the "All tables" option.
I know its only convenience but it would save 3 clicks per board and make my every day experience that much nicer.

#3 User is offline   pigpenz 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2022-May-19, 09:44

if you get BBO Helper, you get all the stems for bidding or the majority of them.

you also can see what the lead is at each table so the info is out there.BBO helper is an addon for Chrome and Firefox.

#4 User is offline   ThomasRush 

• PipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge (?), Toastmasters, wine, people, libertarianism, creating humor, teaching bridge

Posted 2022-May-19, 09:46

View Postjdiana, on 2022-May-18, 07:08, said:

I'd like to see some additions to tournament results that would make it easier for players to diagnose where they went wrong. For example, when I click on "Other Tables", it would be nice to have a column showing the lead at each table, have the rows where the auction was the same as at my table be highlighted, and let me sort those rows to the top (and, of course, re-sort them back to the default).

I'm sure others have additional suggestions, but the idea is to give information "at a glance" or with a simple click or two, before analyzing a particular hand in detail.

I like that idea a lot.
He who plants a tree affirms the future

#5 User is offline   jdiana 

• PipPipPip

Posted 2022-May-19, 10:14

@pigpenz

I recently installed BBO Helper but haven't used it much. It provides a huge amount of information, which can be a little overwhelming. I just looked again at the My Hands- Traveller information and, in addition to providing opening leads, if you scroll to the bottom, there is a table sorted by auction. Matthew Kidd deserves a huge "Thanks!" for this. It must have been an incredible amount of work.

It would still be nice to have some of this immediately available in the "Other Tables" view on BBO itself, but the fact that it's available with BBO Helper is also great.

#6 User is offline   jules101 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2022-May-19, 11:37

It's nice that the movie shows diagramme with tricks possible. This is welcome addition. Thank you!

Not so good though that it covers/overlaps with club suit in the West hand, so that all 4 hands can't be seen. Could this box be relocated a little? Please!

#7 User is offline   pigpenz 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2022-May-20, 17:11

View Postjdiana, on 2022-May-19, 10:14, said:

@pigpenz

I recently installed BBO Helper but haven't used it much. It provides a huge amount of information, which can be a little overwhelming. I just looked again at the My Hands- Traveller information and, in addition to providing opening leads, if you scroll to the bottom, there is a table sorted by auction. Matthew Kidd deserves a huge "Thanks!" for this. It must have been an incredible amount of work.

It would still be nice to have some of this immediately available in the "Other Tables" view on BBO itself, but the fact that it's available with BBO Helper is also great.

there is no difference from other tables only that you have to wait till the game is over to use bbo helper

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users